No bake chocolate covered Cookie Truffles that are gluten free and vegan option!
- 6 ounce box of gluten free cookies or premade cookies (170gr) – 12 mini cookies, soft baked works best
- 1 cup gluten free pretzel sticks – to grind
- Heaping 1/3 cup smooth nut butter or sunflower seed butter of choice (no stir works best)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c dairy free Chocolate chips for melting or 1 dark chocolate bar baking chocolate.
- Decorative toppings
- Sprinkles, sparkling cane sugar, melted white chocolate (vegan brand option), etc.
- Place your cookies in a food processor. Blend until batter is crumbly. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Next place 1 cup pretzel sticks in a food processor or ziplock bag. Crush or process until crumble mix is formed.
- Combine the crushed pretzels with the cookie mix. Mix together. Add 1/3 cup nut butter and mix together with spoon or hands until a cookie dough batter is formed. mix in optional vanilla.
- Grab a small pinch of the dough (similar to golf ball size) and roll into a ball. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat until you’ve used up all the batter. This should make around 12-14 balls.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes. While the cookie dough balls are freezing, melt your chocolate.
- To melt the chocolate chips, place it in a microwave safe bowl and place it in the microwave. Heat it on medium high for about 45 seconds to start with. Remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat heating at shorter intervals, 15 to 20 seconds, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted and has a smooth consistency. If chocolate start to get clumpy, mix in a few tsp of coconut oil (melted) and mix again. You can also melt on the stove top over medium heat, stirring.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove your cookie dough balls from the freezer. With a spoon (or hand) dip each ball in chocolate, evenly. Set back on the cookie sheet. Repeat for all the cookie balls, coating with chocolate. Next add your decorative sugar and/or sprinkles, etc.
- Place in freezer again to set for 10-15 minutes. Once the chocolate is set, you can remove from freezer and add any additional melted chocolate on top for decoration.
- Be sure to place in fridge again (to harden chocolate) if you add more chocolate drizzle.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for longer shelf life. Or room temp for up to a week.
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: truffles, cookies, no bake, chocolate, cookie dough, vegan, gluten free, dessert