This relish recipe is perfect for summer! Made with fresh peaches, sweet onion, and smokey chipotle peppers. It’s one sweet and spicy dip, perfect for topping grilled chicken, salmon, pork, or even tortilla chips! Quick to make, paleo friendly, and refined sugar free.
Memories of summer peaches
This Smokey Sweet Peach Relish recipe is gonna change your life ya’ll!
No really, there’s nothing better than fresh peaches in all the things. Am I right? But for me, peaches have a special place in my heart. Yes I just made a nostalgic correlation between peaches and my corny Cotter self.
You see, summer Peaches mean long road trips and stopping at every fruit stand along the way. Peaches, plums, watermelon, you name it and we bought it. Several hours and several fruit stands later, we would reach our destination, ready to embrace all that summer has to offer. Whether that be camping, hiking, snorkeling, etc. Ya, we were that family that drove everywhere.
Need a snack for that hike? Grab a peach. Need a refresher after that swim? Grab a peach. Need something to peg at your sibling. Grab a peach! Kidding. Kinda. But I think you get my point here friends. Peaches make summer… SUMMER!
So this Honey Chipotle Peach Relish is my new summer love. Spicy, smokey, sweet, and great on just about everything, even just on avocado toast! See, you’re thinking that sounds good now too right?
Now, I must confess. The relish recipe has been made 3 times in the past month, and each time it turned out differently. All good though. Just a different depth of flavor. Super tasters, you understand this, right?
RELISH RECIPE INGREDIENTS
When I make peach relish, I use 3 peaches, raw honey, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and onion. I use chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to make these chicken burgers, too. You can’t beat the extra saucy, smokey flavor.
Let’s talk onion. Both red onion or sweet onion taste great in this peach relish, but…. GAH.. that sweet onion! It’s just perfect and won’t leave your breathe extra potent. You get my point! This peach relish is kissable friendly. Mwah!
How do you make Honey Chipotle Peach Relish?
- Dice your peaches.
- Add them to a small pot.
- Add honey, apple cider vinegar, and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then add the onion and salt.
- Simmer again. Let cool. Add a splash of lime. Then make into a “relish” texture.
- Yep, for that relish texture, just pulse again in food processor.
For “peach salsa” texture, just do what I did, the second time making this. Finely chopped the peppers and peaches again then added fresh cilantro and lime after. The texture turns out thick, chunky, delish!
This relish recipe is perfect to make as a topping for grilled or baked salmon!
In the meantime, I’ll share some more recipe ideas for ya!
What to pair with Honey Chipotle Peach Relish
- Grilled pork tenderloin
- Veggie burgers
- Breakfast burritos or tacos
- Grilled chicken
- Mix into a broccoli salad or chicken salad
- Toss with zucchini noodles and add goat cheese (OMG yes!)
- Avocado toast (on repeat)
- Or just serve with chips and guacamole. Like a Peach Relish Salsa… per se.
Honey Chipotle Peach Relish
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1.5 cups 1x
Honey Chipotle Peach Relish made with summer peaches, sweet onion, and smokey chipotle peppers. It’s one sweet and spicy dip perfect topping for grilled chicken, salmon, pork chops, or even tortilla chips!
- 3 medium peaches, diced
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce (canned)- (see notes for substitutes)
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 small sweet onion or red onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Garnish – cilantro and fresh lime juice
- Place the diced peaches, chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, honey and vinegar in a medium pot. Bring to a simmer, uncovered, and briskly stir about 15 minutes or until the juices thicken.
- After 15 minutes, stir in the chopped onion and salt, and simmer again for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. The relish will thicken as it cools.
- Once cooled, place the mixture into a food processor or blender and pulse a few times to dice peaches and chipotles into smaller pieces. The more blending, the thinner the texture. For a thicker peach relish, skip the food processor, but make sure the fresh ingredients are finely chopped before cooking.
- When serving, top with fresh cilantro and a splash of lime. Serve on grilled meats, seafood, or with tortilla chips. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Substitute – Use 2 ounces canned green chiles or fresh jalapeño (chopped) in place of chipotles in adobo sauce.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: condiment
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 12.4 g
- Sodium: 118.2 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: relish, peaches, homemade, paleo, sweet relish, chipotle,
Alright my friends, Summer awaits! And so does this paleo, vegan, whole foods based relish recipe. 20 minutes to make, so you can take a batch with you on those summer roads trips. Just a thought. Make memories with food; those are the best!
Favorite Summer Food and Memory? Have you tried peach relish?
p.s Do I even dare share the full story of how I peed in cup on a summer road trip? Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go. Thank God for Big Gulp Cups! LOL!
What a gorgeous summer condiment!
bloons tower defense 5
wow, that’s great. i really like this dish, thank you for sharing the way.
Can’t wait to use this on just about everything I eat!!
This recipe is great. I had this as a relish option for the brats at our cookout this weekend and I think someone might have actually licked the bowl clean! Definitely the one thing they were all talking about at the cookout. (full disclosure – I added some some small garden jalapenos too)
Oh i love that extra jalapeno kick! Well done!
The sweet and spicy is so good together!
Katie | Healthy Seasonal Recipes
This is a delicious way to use some of the summer peaches I have! So good!
You know it sista!
Brittany Audra @ Audra's Appetite
Goodness it’s difficult to choose just one favorite summer food! Definitely love summer fresh berries and peaches though. I’ve never made homemade peach salsa/relish before…but can’t wait to try this over grilled salmon, chicken, or turkey burgers!
Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table
This GEORGIA PEACH approves. 😉
(Also, I have totally pegged my sister with a peach before.)
haha of course you’d peg your sister. That’s natural from a Georgia Peach, right?
You know I came here for the ingredient picture. Totally worth it. The recipe ain’t half bad either. 😉
All for you babe! Mwah
This is so fun, flavorful, and different! Yum!