A Summer relish recipe you gotta try! Honey Chipotle Peach Relish made with summer peaches, sweet onion, and smokey chipotle peppers. It’s one sweet and spicy dip perfect for topping grilled chicken, salmon, pork, or even tortilla chips! Quick to make, paleo friendly, and refined sugar free.
This Smokey Sweet Peach Relish is gonna change your life ya’ll!
No really, there’s nothing better than fresh peaches in all the things. Am I right? But for me, peaches have a special place in heart. Yes I just made a nostalgic correlation between peaches and my corny Cotter self.
You see, summer Peaches mean long road trips and stopping at every fruit stand along the way. Peaches, plums, watermelon, you name it and we bought it. Several hours and several fruit stands later, we reach our destination, ready to embrace all that Summer has to offer. Whether that be camping, hiking, snorkeling, etc. Ya, we were that family that drove everywhere.
Need a snack for that hike? Grab a peach. Need a refresher after that swim? Grab a peach. Need something to peg at your sibling. Grab a peach! Kidding. Kinda. But I think you get my point here friends. Peaches make Summer… SUMMER!
So this Honey Chipotle Peach Relish is my new summer love. Spicy, smokey, sweet, and great on just about everything, even just Avocado toast! See, you’re thinking that sounds good now too right?
Now, I must confess. I have made this peach relish 3 times in the past month, and each time it turned out different. All good though. Just a different depth of flavor. Super tasters, you understand this, right?
I recommend 3 peaches, raw honey, chipotles peppers in adobo sauce, and onion. I used the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for these chicken burgers, remember? You can’t beat that extra saucy smokey flavor.
Let’s talk onion. Both red onion or sweet onion taste great in this peach relish, but…. GAH.. that sweet onion! It’s just perfect and won’t leave your breathe extra potent. You get my point! This peach relish is kissable friendly. Mwah!
How do you make Honey Chipotle Peach Relish?
- Dice your peaches.
- Add them to a small pot
- Add honey, apple cider vinegar, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then add the onion and salt.
- Simmer again. Let cool. Add a splash of lime. Then make into a “relish” texture.
- Yep, for that relish texture, just pulse again in food processor.
For “peach salsa” texture, just do what I did, the second time making this. Finely chopped the peppers and peaches again then added fresh cilantro and lime after. The texture turns out thick, chunky, delish!
Great on Salmon! That recipe will be coming Monday. Mwhahahaha foreshadowing much?
In the meantime, I’ll share some more recipe ideas for ya!
What to pair with Honey Chipotle Peach Relish
- Grilled Pork tenderloin
- Veggie burgers
- Breakfast Burritos or tacos
- Grilled Chicken
- Mix into a broccoli salad or chicken salad
- Toss with Zucchini noodles and add goat cheese (OMG yes!)
- Avocado Toast (on repeat)
- Or just serve with chips and guacamole. Like a Peach Relish Salsa… per se.
Honey Chipotle Peach Relish made with summer peaches, sweet onion, and smokey chipotle peppers. It’s one sweet and spicy dip perfect topping for grilled chicken, salmon, pork chops, or even tortilla chips!
- 3 medium peaches, diced
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce (canned)- (see notes for substitutes)
- 1/3 cup honey (vegan may use agave or maple syrup)
- 1/4 c Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped. (Red onion may be substituted)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Cilantro to garnish
- Fresh Lime to garnish
- Core and Dice your peaches. Place them in a medium pot. Stir in 3 chipotle peppers with the adobo sauce, honey, vinegar, and salt.
- Briskly simmer, uncovered. The juices will thicken after 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, stir in your chopped onion, salt, and simmer again for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Relish will thicken more as it cools.
- Once cooled, process into a relish texture. Place content into a food processor or blender and Pulse a few times to mix and dice peaches and chipotles into smaller pieces. The more you blend, the thinner the texture. For thicker peach relish, skip the food processor and just make sure all your fresh ingredients are finely chopped before cooking.
- Store for 10 days in sealed container.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and splash of lime. Great on grilled meats, seafood, or with tortilla chips alone.
- If you don’t have chipotle peppers, you can use canned green chiles or fresh jalapeño! Just 2 ounces or so.
- Category: condiment
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: relish, peaches, homemade, paleo, sweet relish, chipotle,
Alright my friends, Summer awaits! And so does this paleo, vegan, whole foods based peach relish. 20 minutes to make so you can take a batch with you on those summer roads trips. Just a thought. Make memories with food. Those are the best!
Favorite Summer Food and Memory? Ever Made Peach Relish?
p.s Do I even dare share the full story of how I peed in cup on a summer road trip? Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go. Thank God for Big Gulp Cups! LOL!