Grilled Adobo Chicken Burgers. Mexican and Filipino style adobo chicken flavors all mixed together then grilled to perfection. Healthy, easy, and Gluten free Chicken Burgers!
- 1.25 –1.5lbs ground chicken (we used skinless organic ground chicken)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce or gluten free soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed or ground black peppercorn
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
- optional 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 bay leaf (either work)
- 2 tbsp almond flour or gluten free flour of choice
- Gluten free burger buns
- extra parsley for garnish
- onion and lettuce for topping
- optional Adobo sauce from the chipotle chili can (minus the peppers). See notes for brand
- First make sure your chicken is cleaned and ground.
- Next combine all your spices, sugar, tamari, herbs, garlic, and oil in a food processor. Blend until a marinade is formed. You can add in the parsley and bay leaf here too if you want to use that.
- Mix into ground chicken and let it sit in fridge to marinate for 2 hrs or up to 24hrs.
- Remove from fridge and add in almond meal. Mix again.
- Roll ground chicken into patties about the size of your palm.
- Place on greased grill pan or grill for 6-8 minutes each. Flipping once. You can grill all together or individually. Check to make sure center is done or meat has reach 160F internally.
- Season with any extra salt/pepper that you’d like
- Remove chicken burgers. Toast your buns. option to Add a little adobo sauce from chipotle can, or tomato sauce. Then place your burger, lettuce, and onion on top.
Feel free to use just tomato sauce or ketchup instead of adobo sauce.
The adobo Sauce I used was from the these Mexican Chipotle Peppers . We did not use the peppers, just the sauce. It’s the only sauce I found that was gluten free and without preservatives. It does use canola oil though, just FYI.
We used Udis Gluten Free Buns.