Make this grilled ground chicken burger recipe for a family-friendly, gluten-free meal perfect for weeknight dinners, summer bbqs, and more!
- 1 lb to 1 1/4 lb ground chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 Tablespoons gluten free flour (or 2 Tablespoons almond flour + 1 Tablespoons oat flour)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or 2 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- Gluten free burger buns for serving
- Sliced onion and lettuce leaves for topping
- Optional sauces – adobo sauce, chipotle mayo, or guacamole
- In a medium bowl, add ground chicken, tomato paste, flour, spices, fresh parsley, optional chili powder, and hot sauce. Using your hands or spoons, combine all the ingredients together until evenly mixed with hands or a large spoon.
- Shape the mixture into 4 to 6 equal patties about 1 inch thick, then place on a lined baking sheet.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat (400 to 450F), spray with cooking oil spray or grease with refined avocado oil or light olive oil.
- Place chicken burgers on the preheated grill and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, about 8 to12 minutes total or until the internal temperature is 165F. Remove the burgers from the grill and place on a serving plate to rest for 5 minutes.
- Toast the buns and assemble the burgers as desired. Serve immediately.
- Store leftover burgers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Alternative Method – AIR FRYER OPTION – Prepare burgers according to above instructions. Preheat the air fryer to 400F and cook burgers for 9 to 11 minutes, flipping halfway.
Storage Tips – Freeze uncooked burger patties between parchment paper in a ziploc bag for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 to 12 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 burger with bun
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 6.7 g
- Sodium: 453.2 mg
- Fat: 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.7 g
- Fiber: 5.6 g
- Protein: 15.3 g
- Cholesterol: 67.4 mg
Keywords: chicken burgers, ground chicken burgers, ground chicken burger recipe, grilled chicken burger