Infused with warm spices and plenty of nutrients, this Curried Cauliflower Soup Recipe is bright, light, creamy, and easy to make. Guaranteed to warm you up from the inside out, it’s a hearty, low-carb option you can feel good about. Pair it with gluten-free bread, salads, and all your favorite main courses!
Why You’ll Love This Curried Cauliflower Soup
A longtime reader favorite, there’s so much to love about this soup! So, to save time, we’ll just name a few.
- From start to finish, it’s ready in 45 minutes.
- Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and low-carb it fits a wide variety of dietary needs.
- Full of veggies including cauliflower, kale, and carrots.
- The warm spices and rich flavor will fill you up without weighing you down.
- Leftovers store well so you can enjoy quick meals throughout the week.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
Not only is it tasty and used in a wide variety of recipes including air fryer buffalo cauliflower, cauliflower alfredo sauce and cauliflower pineapple fried rice, but cauliflower is also loaded with health benefits! For instance, it’s an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber such as vitamins C, K, E, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. (Source) As a result, consuming as part of a healthy diet can help:
- Prevent oxidative stress
- Improve digestion
- Improve iron absorption
- Improve bone health
- Maintain electrolyte balance
Gluten Free, Dairy Free Ingredients
This curried cauliflower soup recipe is full of the warming flavors you expect in a comfort food soup, but it’s light, refreshing, and loaded with nutrients, too. Here are the key ingredients you’ll need:
- Vegetables – Cauliflower, onion, garlic, kale, and carrots combine to provide lots of bulk and texture along with extra flavor and nutrients.
- Spices – A variety of spices including curry powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika or smoked paprika, salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper combine to create a bold flavor that will leave you coming back for more!
- Olive Oil – We prefer to use light olive oil as its mild taste easily allows for the rest of the flavors to shine through.
- Vegetable Broth – This helps form the base of the broth, adding a hint of extra savoriness.
- Coconut Milk – This creates a slightly sweet flavor and makes for a creamy texture. If preferred, non-dairy milk could be used in its place.
Note: Make sure you use unsweetened canned coconut milk like this for an extra creamy texture!
How to Make This Curried Cauliflower Soup with Kale
In order to enhance the flavors and get the most out of this soup, we’ll start by cooking the cauliflower in the oven. Then, we move everything to the stove! Take a look at how it’s done below.
Step by Step Instructions
- Roast the Cauliflower. Toss the cauliflower with spices and a bit of oil in a bowl. Then, spread it out in an even layer on a baking dish or roasting pan, and place it in the oven until tender but still slightly undercooked. Set it aside to cool.
- Prepare the Veggies. Chop the onion, kale, and carrots. Then, once the cauliflower is cool, add it to the bowl of a food processor, and pulse a few times until it resembles rice.
- Sauté. Heat oil in a large pot, and sauté the garlic until it is fragrant.
- Boil. Stir in the broth, milk, veggies, and remaining seasonings. Bring the ingredients to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat to medium-low, and let the soup simmer until the veggies are cooked and the carrots are softened.
- Adjust and Serve. Give the curried cauliflower soup a taste test, adjust the seasonings as needed, portion it into bowls, and enjoy!
MAIN COURSES TO SERVE THIS SOUP WITH
However, you could also serve it with all your favorite main courses such as:
Frequently Asked Questions about Curried Cauliflower Soup
We find that cooking the kale eliminates most of its bitter flavor. However, if you want to go the extra mile, dry massage your kale leaves to release any bitter compounds before adding them to the soup.
Once cooked and fully cooled, this curried cauliflower soup can be transferred to an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yes! This recipe can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Ways to Use Cauliflower
Looking for more unique ways to include cauliflower in your meals? Try out some of these gluten-free recipes!
Do you have questions, feedback, or tips about this recipe? Leave a comment below with any questions or feedback you’d like to share!