Dairy Free Banana Bread Bites with Bourbon are a delicious and quick no bake dessert! This dairy free and gluten free banana bread recipe has a little spike of bourbon and seasonal spices. Whip them up for a holiday dessert or tasty snack, with no baking needed. I have a non alcoholic, vegan option, too.
It’s time for end of week happy hour y’all! Oh I’ve been dying to share these no bake honey bourbon banana bread bites for weeks now. And sadly, I do t have any left for us to eat today. But that’s okay, I’ll happily make more today during this “happy hour!” Heavens yes!
So about that combo. Bourbon banana bread. I’d like to thank Laura (Sprint to the Table) for spurring on that flavor. We exchanged quite a few texts about bites and bourbon. And a whole lot more entertaining text messages. Ahh, yes. Gotta love those friends! The friends that encourage boozy balls…errr bites.
Friends, today we are going to pretend we’re have a happy hour together. No work talk. No nerdy nutrition talk (except the one where I explain about gluten free bourbon). No political talk… oh heck no!
Today’s happy hour is HAPPY! Let’s first bust out a bowl and whip up these EASY PEASY, BOOZY no bake dairy free banana bread bites. Then someone can make the Hot toddys and we’ll have a grand ol’ time.
Okay, so in order for these to taste like honey bourbon banana bread, you’r gonna need a few simple ingredients.
Ingredients in Dairy Free Banana Bread Bites with Bourbon
- Banana Chips (or freeze dried banana works)
- Walnuts or pecans
- Almond butter
- Honey (if you are vegan, feel free to use agave or maple syrup)
- Cinnamon and nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Almond flour
- And of course, BOURBON! (for 100% gluten free bourbon use Hudson Baby Bourbon Whiskey) Don’t want to use bourbon? Try 1/2 tsp almond or rum extract for a nice flavor “kick.”
Is bourbon gluten free?
Well, yes and no. You see, the gluten protein is removed during the distillation process. But that doesn’t mean it’s safe for all.
If you have celiac, I would stick to the bourbon made from a gluten free grain (like Hudson), or opt for the gluten free almond extract. If you are gluten sensitive, then a little bourbon in cooking or drinking should be no prob! Then again, everyone is different. So DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS BEST –> Like for reals.
Basically, know your gluten free booze. Capeesh?
I promise you that these dairy free banana bread bites do taste like boozy banana bread. Well, depending on how much bourbon you decide to add. A little goes a long way ya’ll.
The banana chips mixed with cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, nuts, and almond butter… oh ya, that’s a good cakey banana bread texture right there.
The key to making them sticky, soft, yet still in ball form? Well, you must let the batter sit in the fridge. It will create magic I tell ya! But it’s also extremely hard to NOT EAT the whole batter while you wait. Just sayin…
But don’t worry, I got you covered if you’re not into bourbon or boozy dairy free banana bread. The perfect gluten free banana bread by Gluten Free on a Shoestring!
That being said, let’s get the ball rolling (pun intended) on these gluten free bourbon banana bread bites.
They are so good as a holiday treat, no bake dessert bite or just afternoon pick me up snack.Print
These gluten free and dairy free banana bread bites are spiked with a bit of bourbon. An easy no bake dessert recipe.
- 1 cup banana chips (see notes for substitute)
- 1/2 cup pecan or walnuts (chopped or halved)
- 3/4 to 1 cup almond flour (depending on the type of nut butter you use)
- 1/3 cup almond butter (no stir works best)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- 1 -2 tbsp or more if you want extra boozy of Bourbon (use [url] Hudson Bourbon ∞http://www.tuthilltown.com/tuthilltown-spirits/hudson-baby-bourbon/[/url] to keep Gluten free)
- coconut sugar and extra cinnamon/spices for rolling
- Lightly Grind up your banana chips in a food processor. Be sure not to over process.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Add your almond flour, cinnamon/nut meg, and nut butter. Stir ingredients all together. • Add in your honey a little at time. Then mix with spoon or hand. If batter is too runny, add more almond flour.
- Add in your bourbon and vanilla then mix again well with hands.
- Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 minutes so it can harden a little bit.
- Once the batter has set, Roll into 1-1.5 inch balls and place on cookie tray or plastic ware with parchment paper underneath.
- Let them freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Dust with additional cinnamon and coconut sugar if desired.
- Then transfer into sealed container if not using right away.
- keep in fridge or freezer for up to 6 weeks.
- The batter can get sticky depending on how fine you grind your banana chips and nuts. Just add more almond flour or even coconut flour to thicken. Or let batter sit in fridge longer after mixing.
- If you don’t have banana chips, you can use freeze dried banana but you will probably have to adjust the honey and nut butter ratio.
- Nutrition as shown is per bite, using banana chips
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 74
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 0.6mg
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 5.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: dairy free banana bread, no bake desserts, gluten free banana bread
I may have just solved the worlds problem’s during this happy hour. Yep. You get:
- dairy free banana bread without baking
- bourbon without gluten.
- a sweet tooth craving fulfilled without processed sugars.
- An easy dessert recipe made in 30 minutes or less… no oven needed.
Let’s raise our glasses and toast to that ya’ll!
More Banana Bread recipes with a little “kick!”
These are not gluten free, but I’m thinking we could make that happen with this gluten free banana bread, yes?
Cheers to boozy, no bake, dairy free BANANA BREAD BITES!
What’s your favorite easy holiday dessert recipe?
Stay tasty my friends.