These 3 recipes for Make Ahead Instant Soup Jars are made with protein-packed bone broth collagen and other REAL FOOD ingredients. Imagine that! Healthy instant soup jars that taste delicious and are perfect for meal prep! So skip those store-bought instant soup cups with mixes loaded with sodium and artificial ingredients. Make your own nourishing protein rich lunch ready to eat in minutes!
What do you do on a busy day when you want a protein-packed lunch, but you don’t want to eat meat? Well, you can eat something like Moroccan Chickpea burgers, or have a snappy power bowl, but what if you don’t have much time to make the meal?
That’s when meal prep recipes like instant soup come in handy!
Are instant soups healthy?
With a rare exception here and there, most instant soup cups that you buy at the store are NOT at all healthy. They are full of artificial ingredients and food coloring, packed with sodium, and unhealthy starches.
My Make Ahead Instant Soup Jars with Protein are a great option for those who want a healthy lunch to go or meal to go. They are packed with protein, but no meat is needed!
So, I bet you’re wondering how to make protein-packed instant soup without meat, am I right? It’s SO easy, thanks to the protein power of collagen found in Vital Proteins bone broths! Their bone broth collagen comes in two flavors; free range chicken bone broth and grass fed beef collagen bone broth!
There are a lot of ways to add bone broth collagen to recipes.You can use it in make ahead smoothie packs for a healthy breakfast, sprinkle it onto veggies before roasting, or add it to your favorite vegetarian or vegan soup recipe.
That being said, many of my readers and friends have a hard time digesting meats but would still like to benefit from the health perks and nutrition of quality meats! Oh that I can relate too! Which why I love bone broth and collagen. It really provided me with extra nutrients and heal my gut lining after my colon surgery in 2016. I did not need to add extra meat protein to my diet when consuming bone broth and collagen. In fact, these little bone broth collagen (chicken and beef) come with 10-15 grams per packet plus all the nutrients like iron, calcium, magnesium, etc. Plus extra “healing” powers you will learn more about below.
In addition to the nutritional boost that you get from bone broth, there are also healing benefits to bone broth. Bones are packed with collagen, some anti-inflammatory amino acids, minerals, and compounds that help the body heal from injuries and leaky gut.
bone broth benefits
- Improves digestion. Naturally occurring amino acids in collagen peptides provide a strong line of defense for your stomach.**
- Aids joint health. Keep moving! Naturally occurring hyaluronic acid in bone broth, along with collagen, enhance strength and flexibility in joints.**
- Enhances bone health. Stay strong with the bone strengthening power of collagen.**
Instant Soup ingredients
You ready for this? Because it’s literally all your leftover veggies and spices and goodness combined!
But today I will share with you my 3 favorite versions of Make Ahead Instant Soup Jars with Protein. They are all gluten free soups, and all three recipes are made using 20-24 ounce mason jars. That’s 2 servings per jar. Or double up and eat up! More veggies and protein might be exactly what you need. You feel me?
Okay, in all seriousness, If you want to use smaller sized jars, see recipe notes! Because you totally can make more than 3 jars to last ALL WEEK. Yep!
Here’s what you’ll need to make the make ahead instant soup jars:
Note, with each jar you will add a scoop (or 2 packs around 20-25 grams) of chicken or beef bone broth collagen plus hot water to fill the jar.
JAR 1 – Lasagna Noodle Soup that’s LOW CARB!
- canned tomatoes with Italian spices (or plain)
- zucchini – spiralized or julienne-cut into large noodles
- handful of spinach leaves
- herbs and spices
- crumbled cheese (mozzarella and/or Parmesan. (Use nutritional yeast for dairy free and paleo option)
JAR 2 – Thai Curry “Rice” Soup. Extra veggies and extra kick of Curry spice! Swap out the cauliflower rice for cooked white rice if you’d like.
- Cauliflower rice plus couple handfuls of shredded carrots
- green onion, chopped and cilantro!
- optional Thai peppers (sliced) (for extra spicy instant soup)
- Ground ginger and curry paste
- Double the protein option! Add in leftover chicken, beef, shrimp, etc.
JAR 3 – Southwest Black Bean Soup. Fiber packed with plant based protein as well!
- Cooked corn kernels (if using canned, use non-GMO corn and drain first)
- Cooked black beans
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sliced onion, bell pepper, celery
- garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Jalapeño slices and fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Extra smokey flavor or meaty topping option: Uncured crumbled bacon
Now put it all together! How to make ahead instant soup jars with Protein (Video)
See, simple ingredients, layered in a jar and ready to grab and go! Then all you do is ADD WATER and BONE BROTH COLLAGEN when you’re ready to sip, slurp, and enjoy. PROTEIN packed!
Now you’re officially ready to tackle January. Am I right?Print