These 3 recipes for Make Ahead Instant Soup Jars are made with protein-packed bone broth collagen and other REAL FOOD ingredients. Imagine that! Healthy instant soup jars that taste delicious and are perfect for meal prep! So skip those store-bought instant soup cups with mixes loaded with sodium and artificial ingredients. Make your own nourishing protein rich lunch ready to eat in minutes!
How about an EASY lunch on the go meal prep recipe today? I’ve partnered with Vital Proteins to bring you these Make Ahead Instant Soup Jars with Protein! We are thankful for their wonderful nourishing products and allowing me to continue to share and create gluten free recipes.
What do you do on a busy day when you want a protein-packed lunch, but you don’t want to eat meat? Well, you can eat something like Moroccan Chickpea burgers, or have a snappy power bowl, but what if you don’t have much time to make the meal?
That’s when meal prep recipes like instant soup come in handy!
Are instant soups healthy?
With a rare exception here and there, most instant soup cups that you buy at the store are NOT at all healthy. They are full of artificial ingredients and food coloring, packed with sodium, and unhealthy starches.
My Make Ahead Instant Soup Jars with Protein are a great option for those who want a healthy lunch to go or meal to go. They are packed with protein, but no meat is needed!
So, I bet you’re wondering how to make protein-packed instant soup without meat, am I right? It’s SO easy, thanks to the protein power of collagen found in Vital Proteins bone broths! Their bone broth collagen comes in two flavors; free range chicken bone broth and grass fed beef collagen bone broth!
There are a lot of ways to add bone broth collagen to recipes.
You can use it in make ahead smoothie packs for a healthy breakfast, sprinkle it onto veggies before roasting, or add it to your favorite vegetarian or vegan soup recipe.
That being said, many of my readers and friends have a hard time digesting meats but would still like to benefit from the health perks and nutrition of quality meats! Oh that I can relate too! Which why I love bone broth and collagen. It really provided me with extra nutrients and heal my gut lining after my colon surgery in 2016. I did not need to add extra meat protein to my diet when consuming bone broth and collagen. In fact, these little bone broth collagen (chicken and beef) come with 10-15 grams per packet plus all the nutrients like iron, calcium, magnesium, etc. Plus extra “healing” powers you will learn more about below.
In addition to the nutritional boost that you get from bone broth, there are also healing benefits to bone broth. Bones are packed with collagen, some anti-inflammatory amino acids, minerals, and compounds that help the body heal from injuries and leaky gut.
bone broth benefits
Instant Soup ingredients
You ready for this? Because it’s literally all your leftover veggies and spices and goodness combined!
But today I will share with you my 3 favorite versions of Make Ahead Instant Soup Jars with Protein. They are all gluten free soups, and all three recipes are made using 20-24 ounce mason jars. That’s 2 servings per jar. Or double up and eat up! More veggies and protein might be exactly what you need. You feel me?
Okay, in all seriousness, If you want to use smaller sized jars, see recipe notes! Because you totally can make more than 3 jars to last ALL WEEK. Yep!
Here’s what you’ll need to make the make ahead instant soup jars:
Note, with each jar you will add a scoop (or 2 packs around 20-25 grams) of chicken or beef bone broth collagen plus hot water to fill the jar. That’s around 20 grams of protein per jar, Plus veggies. WOO!
JAR number one! A zoodle soup! Lasagna Noodle Soup that’s LOW CARB!
- canned tomatoes with Italian spices (or plain)
- zucchini – spiralized or julienne-cut into large noodles
- handful of spinach leaves
- herbs and spices
- crumbled cheese (mozzarella and/or Parmesan. (Use nutritional yeast for dairy free and paleo option)
JAR number two! Thai Curry “Rice” Soup. Extra veggies and extra kick of Curry spice! Again low carb or swap out the cauliflower rice for cooked white rice if you’d like.
- Cauliflower rice plus couple handfuls of shredded carrots
- green onion, chopped and cilantro!
- optional Thai peppers (sliced) (for extra spicy instant soup)
- Ground ginger and curry paste
- Double the protein option! Add in leftover chicken, beef, shrimp, etc.
JAR number three! Southwest Black Bean Soup. Fiber packed with plant based protein as well!
- Cooked corn kernels (if using canned, use non-GMO corn and drain first)
- Cooked black beans
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sliced onion, bell pepper, celery
- garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Jalapeño slices and fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Extra smokey flavor or meaty topping option: Uncured crumbled bacon
Now put it all together! How to make ahead instant soup jars with Protein (Video)
See, simple ingredients, layered in a jar and ready to grab and go! Then all you do is ADD WATER and BONE BROTH COLLAGEN when you’re ready to sip, slurp, and enjoy. PROTEIN packed!
Now you’re officially ready to tackle January. Am I right?Print
Make Ahead Instant Soup Jars with Protein (3 recipes)
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings per 1x
These 3 recipes for Make Ahead Instant Soup Jars are made with protein-packed bone broth collagen and other REAL FOOD ingredients. A healthy meal prep idea!
For any of the Instant Soup recipes you will need access to 24 ounces hot water and 25 grams bone broth collagen. See notes.
Lasagna Noodle Soup
- ⅔ cup crushed canned tomatoes with Italian spices or plain
- 1 medium zucchini, spiraled or julienne cut into large noodles
- Handful of spinach leaves and herb of choice
- 2 –3 Tablespoons crumbled cheese (mozzarella and/or parmesan or use nutritional yeast for dairy free & paleo option)
- ¼ teaspoon each – garlic powder, salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper, red pepper flakes (optional) and onion powder (optional).
- 20–25 grams chicken or beef bone broth collagen (2 stick packs)
Thai Curry “Rice” Soup
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1–2 handfuls shredded carrots
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced. Add a few slices to top, for garnish
- 1 /2 cup torn cilantro
- Thai peppers (sliced) on top for extra spice.
- optional 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ to 1 teaspoon red curry paste or curry powder (the more you use, the spicier)
- Optional add in – diced cooked chicken
- 20–25 grams chicken bone broth (2 stick packs)
Southwest Black Bean Soup
- ½ cup cooked corn kernels (if using canned, use non-GMO and drain first)
- ½ to ⅔ cup cooked black beans (if using canned, drain and rinse first)
- ½ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ¼ to ⅓ cup sliced onion
- handful of celery ribs
- handful of bell pepper slices
- ¼ teaspoon each garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Jalapeño slices and fresh cilantro for garnish.
- Optional: 2-3 Tablespoons crumbled bacon on top
- 20–25 grams chicken bone broth or beef bone broth collagen ( or 2 to go packs)
For any of the Instant Soup recipes:
- Layer all ingredients into a 20-24 oz mason jar.
- When ready to eat, fill jar with hot water to desired level (usually 2 to 2 ½ cups to make it full, depending on mason jar used).
- Mix thoroughly and let the spices and vegetables sit for 1-2 minutes. Enjoy or save for later!
- Don’t have bone broth collagen? See notes.
- If you are using smaller, 12-16 ounce mason jars, you may only need 12-16 grams of bone broth. Divide the ingredients into 4-6 smaller jars, fill jar with hot water ¾ full before serving.
- Don’t have bone broth collagen? Try using regular veggie or chicken broth versus water. You could also or add in a scoop of regular dissolvable collagen powder for protein.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: soup
- Method: meal prep
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant soup, mason jar soup, bone broth, collagen, protein
So tell me friends, are you ready to start 2019 with NEW health goals, new meal prep ideas, new focus? Maybe bone broth is your new best friend.
Too soon to tell? Nah, just getting you prepared. Ponder that question or reply in comments. Mmmm k?
Looking for more ways to meal prep with bone broth and/or collagen? Check out my 5 ways to use Collagen Video! Plus these make ahead protein smoothie packs! Life savers I tell ya!
But wait, there’s more! This recipe is part of our 10 BEST OF FOOD ALLERGY FRIENDLY LUNCH BOX IDEAS.
Head on over to the page to check out more recipes!
How to make instant soup vases with protein is simple and fast. The food is delicious and good for health.
Lindsay I cants seem to find where to get the individual packs of the Vital Bone Broth. I can only find where they sale the large container. Where did you get the individual packs?
I know you can search Vital Protein’s website to find where you can buy specific products at a store near you (https://www.vitalproteins.com/pages/store-locator).
You can also purchase a box of packets off of Amazon! https://amzn.to/2RM9jGY
How do you preserve the soup for the make-ahead portion of the recipe?
These actually lasted about 3 – 5 days in fridge no prob! I used lemon or lime wedges in each.
Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table
This is 100% happening in January. We’re traveling literally every week and this is likely the only way I eat something other than airport or hotel food!
You better be traveling here! 🙂
Where did you get those jars?!?!
This is such a good idea!! I love homemade soup, and to have it made ahead is brilliant. Nice recipe!
Love how easy these look to make! I can’t wait to try them all!
Cassie Autumn Tran
Who needs Mason Jar salads when you can have Mason Jar soups?! I want to try the Thai cauliflower rice soup–looks absolutely brilliant! I have to try it out sometime!
lol right?! Thank you so much, you’ll have to let me know how they turn out:)
I love make ahead meals! These look perfect!
same here! Thank you <3
Love this for lunch meal prep! Looks so delicious!
Seriously SO genius!
These are SO SMART and the protein is key!
Super easy! Love these options.
This is brilliant! I am going to try vegan versions of your recipes.
great! Keep me posted Colleen!
Now I know what I’m making for lunch the next few weeks! These look incredible!!
Woohoo! Let me know how they turn out! Thanks Liz <3
alyssa | everydaymaven
I love these!!! Such a great on-the-go meal. Brilliant!
These look amazing! The addition of bone broth is super smart. So convenient and delicious, can’t wait to try.
Thanks so much Lex! If you make them, let me know how they turn out!
Thanks so much, Gerry!
Liz @ Floating Kitchen
I absolutely love this idea, Lindsay! What a great way to have a healthy option waiting and ready to go! Definitely feeling ready to turn the calendar to 2019. 2018 was a little nutty!
Thank you so much, Liz! 😀 And I couldn’t agree more, friend. So excited for new opportunities of growth!
Wow, ALL the soups sound fabulous! And to answer your question for 2019: ready.
right? me too! bring on 19!!!