These 3 recipes for Make Ahead Instant Soup Jars are made with protein-packed bone broth collagen and other REAL FOOD ingredients. A healthy meal prep idea!
For any of the Instant Soup recipes you will need access to 24 ounces hot water and 25 grams bone broth collagen. See notes.
Lasagna Noodle Soup
- 2/3 c crushed canned tomatoes with Italian spices or plain
- 1 medium zucchini – spiraled or julienne cut into large noodles
- handful of spinach leaves and herb of choice
- 2 -3 tbsp crumbled cheese (mozzarella and/or parmesan. Use or nutritional yeast for dairy free paleo option)
- 1/4 tsp each – garlic powder, salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and optional red pepper flakes. Optional onion powder .
- 20-25 grams chicken or beef bone broth collagen (2 stick packs)
Thai Curry “Rice” Soup
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1-2 handfuls shredded carrots
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced. Add a few slices to top, for garnish
- 1 /2 cup torn cilantro
- Thai peppers (sliced) on top for extra spice.
- optional 2 tsp sugar or honey
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red curry paste or curry powder (the more you use, the spicier)
- optional add in – diced cooked chicken
- 20-25 grams chicken bone broth (2 stick packs)
Southwest Black Bean Soup
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels (if using canned, use non-GMO and drain first)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup cooked black beans (if using canned, drain and rinse first)
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup sliced onion
- handful of celery ribs
- handful of bell pepper slices
- 1/4 tsp each garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Jalapeño slices and fresh cilantro for garnish.
- Optional: 2-3 tbsp crumbled bacon on top
- 20-25 grams chicken bone broth or beef bone broth collagen ( or 2 to go packs)
For any of the Instant Soup recipes:
- Layer all ingredients into a 20-24 oz mason jar.
- When ready to eat, fill jar with hot water to desired level (usually 2 to 2 1/2 cups to make it full, depending on mason jar used).
- Mix thoroughly and let the spices and vegetables sit for 1-2 minutes. Enjoy or save for later!
- Don’t have bone broth collagen? See notes.
- If you are using smaller, 12-16 ounce mason jars, you may only need 12-16 grams of bone broth. Divide the ingredients into 4-6 smaller jars, fill jar with hot water 3/4 full before serving.
- Don’t have bone broth collagen? Try using regular veggie or chicken broth versus water. You could also or add in a scoop of regular dissolvable collagen powder for protein.
Keywords: instant soup, mason jar soup, bone broth, collagen, protein