Steamed Scallops with Garlic, Herb, and veggies all cooked in ONE POT! Cooking Scallops can seem intimidating for some, but this paleo friendly dish is ready in 10 minutes and is SUPER easy to make. A Healthy Light meal for one or more!
Hello FRIDAY! I’m thinking since we started this week with an intimidating food made easy (i.e easy peasy sticky rice cakes!), we should end it the same way. How does that sound? I mean, this week doesn’t need to be full of detail or over complicated. Nope, it’s summer. It’s kinda dragging, and we’re craving all forms of simplicity.
As you might know, I’m a seafood junkie, so eating scallops are my jam! One seafood dish that a lot of people email me about are scallops. They are so scared to cook scallops. Actually, I should say they are so scared to ruin scallops. Haha! Scallops are the golden nugget of seafood, in my opinion
When it comes to this amazing piece of seafood, many people treat scallops as if they are glass, super fragile. But in actuality, scallops are probably the easiest to make and to flavor! I promise! All you have to worry about is not OVER cooking them. They hold great flavor to whatever ingredient or herb you add to them. And they are ready in a jiffy!
Today I’m sharing a recipe that literally took me 15 minutes from start to finish. I made this meal for the Kiwi and I last week, except I hogged the scallops and gave him the shrimp. Hey, can you blame me?
All you need is one pot, a little seasoning, and your favorite veggie of choice. Oh and steamer, if you have one. I ended up just using a veggie steamer and placed everything in it. Yep, scallops, herbs, finely chopped cauliflower (a little thicker than cauliflower rice texture), kale, and broth.
Paleo and whole 30 friendly Steamed Garlic and Herb Scallops with Veggies
- 1/3 cup water or broth
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt
- 1/4 tsp each dried basil and onion salt
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 serving (4-5 medium to large) scallops (we use sizzlefish)
- Dressing of choice. I used a goddess dressing with garlic but italian or balsamic would be great too!
- 1 cup favorite veggies or spinach greens (chopped)
- Place water and dash salt in small pot. Place steamer on top. In a separate bowl, toss your scallops in a bit of your favorite dressing (maybe 1-2 tbsp) and then add in your seasoning. Boil your water then Place scallops and veggies on top of steamer. cover and steam with boiled water for 7-8 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- Remove from pot and place everything on plate. Add more seasoning and dash of lemon juice.
- scallops Serves one but you can add more and make it serve two or more!
- Check scallops and veggies around 7-8 minutes to see if they are done.
- Scallops are done when they are opaque in center and easy to slice, not chewy.
- You really can’t undercook them.
- And if you are using smaller scallops, they will probably cook faster, around 5-6 minutes steamed.
Feel free to double the recipe or add in rice to make a heartier meal!