Paleo and whole 30 friendly Steamed Garlic and Herb Scallops with Veggies
- 1/3 cup water or broth
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt
- 1/4 tsp each dried basil and onion salt
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 serving (4-5 medium to large) scallops (we use sizzlefish)
- Dressing of choice. I used a goddess dressing with garlic but italian or balsamic would be great too!
- 1 cup favorite veggies or spinach greens (chopped)
- Place water and dash salt in small pot. Place steamer on top. In a separate bowl, toss your scallops in a bit of your favorite dressing (maybe 1-2 tbsp) and then add in your seasoning. Boil your water then Place scallops and veggies on top of steamer. cover and steam with boiled water for 7-8 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- Remove from pot and place everything on plate. Add more seasoning and dash of lemon juice.
- scallops Serves one but you can add more and make it serve two or more!
- Check scallops and veggies around 7-8 minutes to see if they are done.
- Scallops are done when they are opaque in center and easy to slice, not chewy.
- You really can’t undercook them.
- And if you are using smaller scallops, they will probably cook faster, around 5-6 minutes steamed.
Feel free to double the recipe or add in rice to make a heartier meal!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min