A breakfast pizza recipe you can make for any meal! Homemade Socca pizza crust made from just 3 ingredients; sliced pineapple, uncured bacon, egg, onion, and creamy meltable artisan cheese! A breakfast pizza that’s quick to make, grain free, and deliciously nutritious. You’ll be hooked!
This Grain-Free Socca Breakfast Pizza recipe is sponsored by Emmi Artisan Cheese from Switzerland. I am excited to share about their new Kaltbach Le Crémeux cheese and Swiss cheese heritage. Now, get ready to BREAK the FAST in the most delicious way!
Oh hello there cheesy (yet still healthy) delicious socca breakfast pizza! It’s nice to see you on this feisty Monday Morning!
I’m slightly bias to breakfast food. I have the privilege of working from home and enjoying a slower breakfast. Don’t hate me. And trust me, it may be a slower breakfast but it’s still a working breakfast. I mean, how do you think I came up with this breakfast pizza? I was “working.”
Okay that’s not the point here, the point is that I truly believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Now, here’s where I’m going to confuse you a wee bit. When I say breakfast, I’m literally referring to literal Break the Fast meal! A meal to which you will help replenish your bodies nutritional needs. A meal that refuels you from a period of fasting, whether it be the waking morning fast, or after a longer stint of time without a real food. Such as traveling, the working on the go, school, etc.
Breakfast can be anytime, anywhere, and but it needs to be jammed packed with key micronutrients, protein, healthy fats, fiber, and quality carbohydrates! A meal that is going to sustain you and your family for hours on end. Capeesh? I’m preaching to the choir here.
That being said, now you know why I’m about to go gaga over this loaded socca breakfast pizza! It’s all the things you need to break that fast. Heck, it’s all the things the body will CRAVE if you’re lacking in calories and nutrients. And you know what? It’s meal you can meal prep ahead or bake right up in minutes for a satisfying dinner… I mean brinner.
Let’s discuss the elements of a perfectly balanced breakfast pizza. Homemade yet simple and healthy! Ahh the best of both worlds.
First, the crust. Socca! Socca pizza has been our go gluten free/grain free pizza crust lately. It’s made with just 3 plant based ingredients and is super cheap! All you need is chickpea flour, herbs/olive oil, and water.
This crust is rich in fiber, plant based protein, and iron. The best part? You can make multiple socca pizza crusts at once then freeze them for later. Works like a charm! And they literally take 15 minutes to make!
Now about those Breakfast pizza topping ideas! The ingredients that make you jump out of bed for breakfast.
- Pineapple (optional but tasty) – As you can tell, I’m on a pineapple kick. It’s such a useful and delicious fruit/ Loaded with Vitamin C and bromelain. Nature’s digestive enzyme that helps you absorb more nutrients. YEA!
- Spinach – Because who doesn’t want to have those guns like popeye (muscles that is).
- Tomato sauce – Rich in Vitamin C and Lycopene
- Uncured Bacon, Ham, or turkey bacon – Uncured bacon or ham really can be healthy. The natural salts contain magnesium. Plus there are no artificial preservatives or nitrates. A little slice adds tons of flavor and goes a long way. If you are not a meat eater, that’s totally fine, you can omit it. There’s plenty of protein in this breakfast pizza anyway!
- Onion – Ahh yes, a prebiotic vegetable. Good for feeding that gut flora.
- Egg – The ultimate breakfast food. Eggs are rich in Vitamin D, Choline (for energy and brain health), complete protein, and healthy fats.
- Cilantro – A zesty herb that helps fight inflammation!
And then I saved the best for last!
- Creamy meltable artisan cheese. Emmi Kaltbach Le Crémeux!! – Ya’ll this cheese is so talented! It’s aged yet still creamy! Remember my tidbit on aged cheese in my last cheesy cauliflower grits recipes? Yes, aged cheese is naturally lower in lactose. That’s great for those on LOW FODMAP diet. It’s also rich in calcium, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin B12, and high-quality protein.
What you should know about Kaltbach Le Crémeux!:
Aged for a minimum of 120 days, Emmi Kaltbach Le Crémeux develops a unique, complex flavor in the Kaltbach caves. Sweet and unassuming at first, this semi-firm cheese keeps you coming back for another bite as the flavor and texture develops and becomes reminiscent of a soft cooked egg yolk in a bowl of ramen.
You see what I’m saying here? The Kaltbach Le Crémeux cheese is similar to egg yolk in texture, mild, creamy, lower in lactose, all natural, and basically the perfect addition for breakfast pizza. I thought it tasted similar to that of provolone, gouda, and swiss cheese combined. Basically cheese PERFECTION. Smooth and creamy! I know, I am bias. But hey, you know how picky I am about cheese.
Let’s get cookin!Print
The Socca Breakfast Pizza has all the nutrient dense foods you need to refuel anytime of day! Real food, real good, real fast! That should be my new blog motto. Haha right?
Y’all. I do not lie, this breakfast pizza is my new jam! Plus everyone needs a good savory breakfast dish in their life, right? For busy week days or weekends and all!
What you’re go to breakfast pizza toppings?