These Paleo Almond Butter Jelly Energy Bars are one of our favorite bars that fuel us for workouts and snacking on the go. Made with few ingredients; no oils and no refined sugar.
For the Almond Butter Bar Base:
- 1 1/2 c almond meal/flour
- 1/3 to 1/2 c coconut flour (sifted or fine)
- 1/2 c unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c non dairy milk (almond or coconut)
- 1 c dried plums (prunes)
- 1/2 c natural creamy almond butter (no sugar added)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp natural creamy almond butter
- 1/3 to 1/2 c prunes
- 2–3 tbsp almond or coconut milk milk
- Extra unsweetened coconut, shredded, to top
- Berries to add color
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift coconut flour and almond meal together in a bowl. Add shredded coconut, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and mix.
- Blend dried plums and creamy almond butter. I used a Food Processor for this. After blending, Set aside.
- Whisk the egg, milk, and vanilla together.
- Add your blended almond butter and prune mix to dry ingredients. Stir gently. Then fold in the egg/milk/vanilla.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Press batter into lined or greased 8×8 pan. Once that’s set, make your topping.
- Blend together 2-3 tbsp coconut or almond milk, 1 tbsp almond butter, and 1/2 cup or less of prunes and a handful of berries (optional for color). Best in food processor to blend ingredients until jam or jelly paste is formed.
- Spread this over the batter in your 8×8 pan. Sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
- Bake 350F for 25 minutes. Remove and check progress of batter. If you want these bars to be more sticky and moist, then bake 26-28 minutes and remove. If you’d like them thicker and chewy, bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and let cool. Then place in fridge.
- Store in fridge for 30 minutes before slicing
- Keeps best in fridge
While baking: If the coconut topping starts to brown more than you’d like while baking, simply cover pan with foil.
To make more whole30 friendly try use the no bake option and replace the egg with chia or flax egg. Keep in fridge for 1 hr to set before slicing.s
- Category: snack, breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo, energy bars, grain free, healthy snacks