These fig bars are a no-bake dessert made in 3 easy steps! Full of antioxidant-rich chocolate, figs, coconut, and cashews, this no-bake recipe is vegan, paleo, grain free, and gluten-free. Perfect for snacking on the go or a healthy dessert.
Hey friends! It’s time for (yet another) pantry staple recipe”snack bar” style. All you need are 6 simple ingredients.
MY GO TO NO BAKE SNACK BAR
We all have a go-to snack bar or bite recipe, don’t we? Whether it be homemade vegan protein bars or store bought, there’s one that just clicks with us and stays with us.
But what happens when your need for dark chocolate, coconut, and nuts take over? Kind of like a Mounds bar. Well, except way better and made with real food. I may be biased.
Healthy no bake snack bars to the rescue!
This fig bars recipe makes a fantastic go-to snack.
It’s a combination of energy bar, dessert bar, paleo/vegan bar… and all things heavenly bar. No honey or sugar needed, because they are naturally sweet!
Fig bars for any occasion!
I think you’ll love these ideas. Tried and tested. And they go fast… Just sayin’. You might want to make multiple batches.
- Lunch Box! Yes, these are peanut free and they look like a candy bar. Kids will be SUPER happy and healthy. Plus these bars are both paleo and vegan so they accommodate to a lot of allergy-friendly kiddos, ya know? Oh and while you’re at it, throw in some of these oatmeal cookie energy bites for the lunch box.
- Pre or Post Workout Fuel. Natural fruit and nut carbohydrates for energy. Coconut is great because it contains a boost in iron, while cashews give the bars a little protein boost. Both are excellent for fueling the body before your workout, and assisting in recovery after the workout.
- Healthy Dessert. The chocolate cashew fig bars taste seriously like candy bars. The figs are sweet enough that with the chocolate and coconut on top, the texture is very much like a Mounds candy bar.
- Breakfast on the go. No-bake fig bars are great when you need to eat on the run. You can run with a naturally sweet chocolate bar for breakfast. There is nothing wrong with this idea!
Just as delicious as my blueberry carrot cake bars, but these have CHOCOLATE in them! They are balanced with macro nutrients and super filling.
I know what you’re thinking. ” that’s cool Lindsay, but how do these no-bake bars actually stick together then?” You were thinking that, right? Haha. I’ll give you a hint. They are in season. They are delicious. They are full of powerful anti-cancer fighting nutrients. They are amazing when dried. Yup-> figs!
Combining dried Turkish figs with dark chocolate, coconut, and cashew create one heck of a power bar!
Healthy fats, fiber, and a hefty amount of antioxidants!
When figs are dried, their health benefits and nutrients INCREASE!
Figs are also rich in potassium and magnesium, which is good news for those who don’t like bananas, but need the crucial minerals. Nature’s candy really does wonders y’all!
Bonus Nutrition Fact --> Cashews and dried figs are both a great source of vitamin K. I love me some VITAMIN K! You know this from my cashew creamy mustard Brussel Sprouts superfood salad.
So maybe you should eat the Brussel Sprouts salad for lunch followed with one of these no bake dark chocolate fig bars. Then you will be one “SUPERFOOD” powered HUMAN! Just a suggestion.
How to make the fig bars recipe
Just a quick 3 step approach!
- Chop the ingredients in the food processor. Press into a lined brownie pan.
- Melt dark chocolate to coat the top of the bars, and sprinkle a few flakes of toasted coconut and sliced fig on top.
Set them in the fridge for a bit to chill and firm up a wee bit.
Then voila! They are done and ready to eat (now or later). Slice and serve. Or do what I do; wrap each one in plastic wrap or wax paper then place into the fridge or freezer. A quick snack or breakfast to go!
I even have a video to show you how easy the recipe is to make. Check it out!
Fig Bars Recipe Video
But what I love about these natural sweet no bake dark chocolate bars is that they don’t even look healthy. Is that wrong to say?
Nah…. chocolate, coconut, cashew, figs – > AMAZIN’!
Speaking of AMAZIN’ and more NO BAKE chocolate and coconut… These No Bake Gluten Free Chocolate Coconut Oat Squares from Gluten Free Palate look unreal.
Healthy homemade bars to make on any occasion! YUM! Alright, ready to not bake and just blend?Print
And now it’s time for the extreme close up.
Swooooooooon over the chocolate fig bars!
What’s your favorite bar recipe?