Wine cocktails are the perfect end of summer sipper, a gather together on a summer night party drink. This white wine spritzer recipe for Honey Mint Melon Wine Cocktails (or wine slushies!) is SO refreshing! We even have a melon mocktail option for you non-drinkers.
What do you get when you blend fresh end of summer produce, mint, honey, and a crisp white wine with friends, loved ones, and one of the last, warm summer evenings? .
If you said PURE HAPPINESS, gold star for you! Don’t worry…if you said “a refreshing wine cocktail drink and fantastic evening,” you’d also be correct. Because those are pretty much the same thing. .
So yes, these words that make me smile.
Wine Cocktails with Fresh Fruit = BLISS
These words also make my taste buds happy because I’ve been totally missing out on some of my favorite summer produce, until now! HONEY DEW MELON! I have not been missing out on white wine (like buttery crisp chardonnay) but you know this by now. I love my wine! Oh and friends, don’t you worry, there is a non-alcoholic version too. But I digress….
Let’s talk about that end of summer produce and how this summer cocktail came about Mmmm k? Besides, it is almost Labor weekend… I’m thinking you’ll need a light and refreshing drink to serve. One that even a non wine drinker would like. I’m sneaky like that. mwhaahahahaha.
Now, backing the train up here a bit. Did you know that Honeydew melon is in season, like right now?!! And so are lemons, limes, mint, etc. I’m a sucker for seasonal recipes. But honeydew melon is one I ALWAYS forget about come august.
That oval-shaped light green melon is just bursting with sweetness but is not overly sweet.
It’s also low in calories but RICH in vitamin C, potassium, folate, vitamin B6, and vitamin K.. Also, did you know that —the heavier the melon is, the juicier it will be? Maybe I’ll bring my scale to the grocery store next time. Kidding, kinda.
But in all seriousness, you see know where I’m going with this….
The oaky-ness (that’s a word) of chardonnay wine, chilled honey dew melon, fresh minty herbs, honey, lime, and sparkling water make for a wine cocktail drink One that no one would ever know is naturally sweetened and dare I say it… light on that sexy summer waistline.
Okay I might have taken it a wee bit far there. But you get my point. It’s BLISS!
White Wine Spritzer Ingredients
The ingredients you need to make these white wine cocktails are so simple!
They include end of summer produce, for a naturally sweetened cocktail. Perfect for a last minute get together and even for those who don’t normally drink wine.
- honey dew melon
- mint leaves
- Chardonnay or white wine of choice (Mocktail options below)
- sparkling water (or other sparkling beverage)
- honey, for a little sweetness
Speaking of those non-drinkers, making a mocktail version of this summer drink is easy! Substitute the chardonnay for apple juice, sparkling apple cider, or sparkling white grape juice. Equally refreshing!
And if you are looking for other ways to Use Honey Dew Melon this Season, I gotcha covered!
I think I’ve convinced you that you need melon. Let’s talk recipe!Print
Honey Mint Melon Wine Cocktails or Mocktails are the perfect end of summer sipper, a gather together on a summer night party drink.
- 1 1/2 c honey dew melon balls – lightly frozen or chilled in fridge
- 10 ounces sparkling lime water, tonic water, or sparkling beverage of choice.
- Juice of one lime
- 10–12 ounces Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc, or other crisp white wine (see notes for Mocktail substitutes)
- Honey or maple syrup (for vegan option) to taste
- 4–5 mint leaves and extra mint leaves to garnish
- Lime slices to garnish
- Cut and cube your melon. Discard the peel.
- Place 1 1/2 -2 cups in a bowl and in the fridge for 3-4 hours or in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- Once chilled combine the melon, wine, sparkling beverage, lime juice, mint leaves, and honey in Blender or use a hand held blender. Blend until slushie or smooth. Your chocie.
- Store in fridge (or freezer) until ready to serve.
- Garnish with mint leaves and a slice of lime before serving.
Makes 4-5 cups
- For Mocktail Option, substitute wine for apple juice, grape juice, sparkling cider, ginger ale, or even non alcoholic wine!
- I’ve also made this with a flavored Kombucha as the sparkling beverage and it’s delicious!
Keywords: wine, cocktail, slushie, healthy, beverage, unrefined, honey, melon, white wine, mocktail
You see friends, happiness is really is homemade, something you, yourself, CREATE. It’s mixing up a little healthier-for-you cocktail with your closest pals, truly savoring and embracing those little moments of absolute bliss. There I go mentioning bliss again. Make that the theme for this weekend, mmm k?
Favorite end of summer produce, cocktail, etc? DO share!
And cheers to capturing those moments of happiness. .. Chilling out on a summer night – good friends on your left and wine cocktails on your right. HONEY MINT MELON WINE COCKTAILS. 🥂