Eating a gluten free breakfast is important, even when you have a busy schedule. Make a breakfast wrap recipe – we have 3 different ideas, and they’re all full of wholesome ingredients! Then, you can enjoy a delicious, nutritious, gluten free breakfast on the go! They’re freezer-friendly, customizable, and kid-friendly, too.
What if we could make eating gluten free part of healthy meal prep? Without even trying! Oh yes, it can be done, and this is a delicious idea that’s perfect for kids AND adults.
The fillings for the gluten free breakfast wraps are ingredients similar to some of our favorite morning breakfast bowls.
Balanced in healthy fats, fruit, real food based gluten free carbs, and natural sugars! They are also vegetarian, so they will hold up well longer.
Oh and because we really are big kids and what kid does not like a sweet breakfast? Haha.
*NOTES FOR VIDEO*
There are more ingredients added to each wrap so you can see what’s in them. Feel free to adjust the amount to tailor your calorie needs.
*NOTES* Just use those leftover oats/rice for filling. No wasting here!
WRAP IDEA #1
The Perfect Parfait
This wrap has a filling of Udis Gluten Free Vanilla Granola, Greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt if you need dairy free), and raspberry preserves or jam.
BREAKFAST WRAP RECIPE #2
Chunky Monkey Oatmeal Breakfast Wrap
Peanut butter, banana, dark chocolate chips, and cooked oats with a bit of cocoa powder mixed in.
Feel free to add in nuts. Heck just throw in some of my chunky monkey trail mix for crunch.
GLUTEN FREE BREAKFAST RECIPE #3
Almond Berry Cinnamon (ABC) Rice Porridge Wrap
Cooking the rice in part coconut milk gives it a flavor similar to my original gluten free breakfast idea, coconut rice porridge. Plus, it gives the rice a little sweetness.
It’s the perfect “resistance” starch filler. Good for the gut! Then, just add some berries, cinnamon, and almond butter. BAM!
Nutrition Per Wrap will Vary. 375-435 calories Per FULL wrap.
Which breakfast wrap recipe would you try first? Or would you create your own?
I’d love more ideas, so please share yours with me in the comments section!Print
Having a gluten free breakfast is important, even on a busy schedule. Make this breakfast wrap recipe so you can take one on the go!
- 3 Large Gluten Free Tortillas
3 Breakfast Wrap IDEAS:
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cooked rice (best cooked with some nut milk)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2–3 tbsp nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate oats, cooked (See notes for instructions)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (melted)
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 to 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 to 2 tbsp chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup gluten free vanilla granola
- 1 to 2 tbsp raspberry jam or preserves
- 2 to 3 oz plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
For Cooking the Rice/Oats in Large Batches
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup brown or white Rice (to make 1 to 1.5 cups cooked)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup gluten free oats (to make about 1 cup cooked)
- coconut or almond milk (for cooking rice and oats)
- water (for cooking rice and oats)
- First cook your rice and oats, or you can use cooked leftovers if you have them. See notes below on how to make large batches of rice/oats.
- For cooked gluten free oatmeal: After cooking, stir in chocolate chips or unsweetened cocoa. (See notes for how to cook oats)
- For the cooked rice: After cooking, add in 1 tsp cinnamon and optional nuts.
- Heat each gluten free wrap in the microwave for 10 -15 seconds to make them easier to fold.
- Warm the nut butters so they melt and spread evenly on the tortillas.
- Fill each tortilla with ingredients.
- Start by folding up the bottom edge of each tortilla and then roll the wrap all the way.
- Place each tortilla on top of a large aluminum foil square. Roll tightly, folding at the ends. Place in freezer until ready to use.
- For reheating from frozen, place in toaster oven or large oven at 350 F. until thawed and warm. Check at 10 and 15 minutes so the yogurt doesn’t melt.
Rice and Oat Cooking times and Ingredients
You will need to have at least ½ cup cooked gluten free oats and rice beforehand. Leftovers from another recipe are great. Here’s how I cook larger oat/rice batches for easier meal prep
For Oats – You can cook them in a rice maker, Instant Pot, on the stove top, or microwave.
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk.
- Cook according to package directions. Cook to desired consistency. Stir in 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, or 3-4 tbsp dark chocolate chips. Add 2 tbsp almonds/nuts if desired.
For the Rice/Brown Rice (stove-top or rice cooker)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Cook in rice cooker or on stove top for 20 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free breakfast wrap, breakfast wrap recipe
This is the nutrition for the Chunky Monkey, the most filling of them all! This is based on ingredient listed above, without nuts.
Well guys, that’s a wrap! Literally. And I’m officially hungry for a second gluten free breakfast.
Who wants one?