This easy deviled eggs recipe makes a healthy party appetizer with a kick of spice! Made with chipotle-spiced homemade paleo mayo and protein-packed hard boiled eggs, they’re healthy AND delicious! This easy eggs recipe is gluten free, grain free, low carb, paleo, and Whole30 compliant.
Also, this deviled egg recipe post is sponsored by my friends at Eggland’s Best Eggs. Thanks for supporting the brands that keep the healthy recipes coming your way.
Everytime I think of deviled eggs, I’m reminded of my great great grandma. Almost every holiday or family gathering we had involved her deviled eggs recipe. In fact, she passed her “secret” recipe down to me. I mean, it’s only fair. I used sit at her kitchen table and peel the shell off of hard boiled eggs while she whipped up the secret “sauce” of a filling. The devilishly delicious part. To this day I cannot match her recipe, even though I know it by heart. But at least I try. I think that’s how it’s supposed to be though, ya know? You learn a family recipe then you tweak it a bit to make it your own. Then so on and so on. Would you agree?
Which brings me to this recipe. My DEVILED EGGS recipe. This recipe definitely has a “bolder ” flavor than my Nana’s, but it’s still simple, delicious, and easy to make. Yep, this is a real food made easy classic recipe with a Mexican twist! It’s perfect for holidays like Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. Make them for potlucks, summer parties, brunch and more.
I may be bias, but this dish has now become is my favorite Whole30 and Paleo-friendly deviled eggs recipe! Oh soooo devilish indeed. Don’t tell my nana. Mmm k?
Now, you know let’s talk about the process of making this appetizer. Starting with the most difficulte part. Ha! Peeling hard boiled eggs.
How do you hard boil eggs so they peel easily?
If you are like me (even to this day), you haven’t mastered the art of peeling hard boiled eggs. Peeling eggs is so time-consuming and messy, am I right? One wrong peel and the whole egg white could pull apart. ACK! That’s why I think you are going to fall hard for this easy eggs recipe! I mean, seriously hard, because if you make the Easy Deviled Eggs using my secret weapon, you won’t need to peel any eggs at all!
YES, you read that correctly. These hard-cooked eggs don’t require peeling! Well, let me rephrase. Since they are REAL eggs, they DO require peeling, but not by us because Eggland’s Best handles that mess for us!
Eggland’s Best Organic Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs have all the nutrition of eggs, plus the convenience of not having to hard boil eggs yourself.
- Refrigerated, peeled, and ready-to-eat
- No cooking, peeling, or clean up necessary
- Ideal for egg salad, easy deviled eggs, or as a quick high-protein snack
- Resealable, tamper-evident pouch keeps the eggs fresh
- Long shelf life
Compared to other eggs, eggland’s best eggs have double the Omega-3, 38% more lutein, and 25% less saturated fat. AWESOME, right?!
When I say that this is a HEALTHY and EASY deviled eggs recipe, I am not kidding. It’s beyond easy, really! And you forgo the chance of butchering those egg whites. Phew!
That being said, if you can’t find pre-made hard boiled eggs, you can purchase Eggland’s Best brown eggs and follow their tutorial on HOW to MAKE the PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS.
How far in advance can I make deviled eggs?
This Easy Deviled Eggs recipe is perfect for parties because you can make the deviled eggs a few days in advance of when you want to serve them. To keep them looking fresh and for the best taste, I keep the filling in a separate container from the eggs. Then, on the morning of the event, I’ll assemble the easy deviled eggs. But no party is needed for these bad boys! Simple make a batch for snacks or light meal prepping for the week. I love me some tapas/small plate dinners! Don’t you?
How to make Easy Deviled Eggs
An easy, healthy appetizer, Easy Deviled Eggs with Chipotle Mayo make a great snack, too. They’re low carb, and rich in protein and healthy fats – not to mention, FLAVOR!
Simply slice the eggs in half. Mix the chipotle pepper sauce with a touch of garlic and paleo mayo, add a splash of lime, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and pepper, and garnish with cilantro. Done and DONE!
The flavor of these deviled eggs is so good, ya’ll! They aren’t spicy, but thanks to homemade, paleo and Whole30-compliant chipotle mayo, they do have a bit of a kick.
So yes, these deviled eggs are extra devilshed. In fact, even my food styling for this recipe is a bit devilish. No piping bag to fill the middle of the egg. Just my wicked food plating ways. You’re welcome! Wink Wink.
Eggcellent! Now let’s jump to the recipe.
NOTE –> If you need to serve a crowd, feel free to double the recipe.Print
This easy deviled eggs recipe makes a healthy party appetizer with a kick of spice! It’s an easy eggs recipe made with paleo and Whole30 chipotle mayo. Gluten-free, grain-free, and low carb, too!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (Eggland’s Best Organic hard boiled eggs) (see notes substitutes)
- 3 tbsp (Chipotle Mayo – homemade)
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic clove or garlic 1/2 tsp minced
- 2 tsp lime juice
- sea salt/kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Extra optional toppings/seasonings – sea salt flakes, paprika, and/or red pepper chili pepper seasoning, jalapeño, etc. olive oil.
Feel free to double recipe
- Slice your peeled (cooled) hard boiled eggs vertically.
- Scoop out the yolk and place in a mixing bowl. Mix in chipotle mayo, ground mustard, garlic, pinch of red pepper flakes, and splash of lime juice. (see notes for making a quick version or substitutes).
- Mix until with a fork or spoon until egg mixture is smooth. Season with salt/pepper to taste and mix again. Taste and see if it’s salty enough, if not, add a dash more salt and pepper.
- Scoop 1/2 tbsp to 1 tbsp of deviled egg yolk mix into your egg white halves. You may also use a piping bag for a cleaner looks.
- Garnish each egg with chopped cilantro
- Sprinkle each egg with paprika or chili flakes after.
- If you are making 12 dozen eggs, just double the recipe but add in the salt 1/4 tsp at a time and taste to make sure it’s not too salty.
If you can’t find pre-made hard boiled eggs, you can purchase Eggland’s Best brown eggs and follow their tutorial on HOW to MAKE the PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS.
Feel free to top with extra spices or peppers. Ex: Jalapeño, pico de gallo, etc
If you don’t have chipotle mayo, you may use your favorite paleo mayo mixed with pinch of Chipotle chili seasoning or 1 tbsp + chili/chipotle sauce.
- Category: Appetizers, Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 deviled egg
Keywords: easy deviled eggs, how to peel hard boiled eggs, easy eggs recipe
Tell me your favorite way to make deviled eggs? Do you have a family recipe? You know I love to hear! Or let me know if you give this fun (and easy) egg recipe a whirl!
MORE EASY GLUTEN FREE EASTER RECIPES HERE!
This recipe is part of our Easy Gluten Free Easter Recipes collection. Check it out!