And a promised, another recipe to utilize those leftovers (carrots and/or eggs), so get ready! No but really,this little transition time between April and May is so fun for us Cotter’s. Okay more for me cause I’m a cheese ball. Easter, My husband’s birthday and then Cinco de mayo all happen within this little 3 week stint from April to May months.
Um, this is like Christmas time for Husband! I swear that man is part Mexican. He can eat jalapeños like pickles and he can also eat his weight in eggs. So you see where I’m going with this?
I’m going to be a good wife and spoil him for his big 35. Shhh.. don’t tell him! Weeks of all his favorite foods –> Mexican food! Eggs galore! And maybe Cadbury cream egg for dessert, if I can find them still. Brownie points if I do. Cadbury cream eggs are healthy on your birthday. My thought process. Haha, anyway, I digress. Point being, we have leftover eggs. We always have Mexican ingredients in our house. And it’s about time we combine the two to celebrate. Mmmm k?
Mexican avocado egg salad collard wraps YO! Flipping amazing! Why oh why didn’t I think of this earlier?
Just blend it up, throw in some chopped hard boiled egg whites (because we never waste) then serve it in a slightly steamed collard green wrap. It’s actually quite delicious with a dollop of Paleo chipotle mayo too! Just sayin…
Speaking of Paleo, this avocado salad is Paleo and whole 30 friendly without even trying. Winning!! Well, the Cadbury cream egg for dessert option is not, but hey, I’m sure you already got your fix last week. Maybe?
I tend to”accidentally” make whole 30 recipes quite often even though we are not on Whole 30. Oh well, I often get requests for easy whole 30 meals, so there ya go! Again, way off tangent here. Let’s get back to Mexican must haves!
Today you’re gonna get an extra dose of Mexican inspired dishes with my favorite meal preppin ladies! We’ve all made a healthy Mexican dish to fuel you right into May!
Avocado Egg Salad – Olé!
6 Healthy MEXICAN INSPIRED MEALS!
From left to right and down, here we go!
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas – Brittany via Eating Bird Food.
Turkey Chili Pie – Gina via Running to the Kitchen
This turkey chili pie combines a healthy, leaner turkey chili recipe with a hearty gluten-free cornbread topping, all baked together in one skillet.
Huevos Ranchos – Lexi via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
Looking for the perfect Huevos Rancheros? This classic Mexican breakfast is made with a hearty tomato sauce, homemade refried black beans, topped with the perfect fried egg, and all the fixings! Easy enough for a weekday breakfast and perfect for a festive weekend brunch!
Easy Baked Chilaquiles with Avocado Crema – Lee via Fit Foodie Finds
We’ve developed a fool-proof, super-simple baked chilaquiles recipe that’s packed with protein (thank you beans and eggs!) and Mexican flavor!
Mexican Avocado Egg Salad Paleo Wraps
ME. Get theee Collard Greens and spicy fixins’ on ya’ll!
Whole 30 Mexican Shakshuka – Taylor via Food Faith Fitness
Okay ya’ll, that’s a wrap! A collard wrap!
Wait no, just kidding. I still need to share my Mexican Avocado Egg Salad Wrap recipe.Print
These Mexican avocado egg salad wraps make for a perfect low carb veggie packed lunch! Paleo Avocado Egg Salad seasoned with Mexican spices and jalapeño, all wrapped up in collard greens! Whole 30 friendly, gluten free, and grain free.
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 oz fire roasted green chilies (canned, drained)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 green onion, sliced or 1/4 c chopped white or red onion
- 5 large collard greens
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- juice of one lime
- red pepper flakes garnish
- 1–2 jalapeños
- additional salt/pepper to season after blending
- sprouts to garnish
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- *Optional* Paleo Mayo or Olive Oil
- Slice hard boiled eggs in half. Remove yolk and place in food processor or blender. Keep the egg whites for later.
- Combine avocado, cilantro, green chilies, spices, garlic, and optional jalapeños slices (just a few) in the food processor or blender. Blend until an egg salad consistency is formed. Taste to see if it needs more salt/pepper, to your liking. Add additional avocado, paleo mayo, or oil if you want it extra creamy.
- Chop up a few of the extra whites from the hard boiled eggs and mix into egg salad.
- Next clean your collard green wraps and place in a towel. Pat dry. Place the leaves/wraps in microwave to steam for 30 -40 seconds. This will make them easier to bend. Remove and place on a plate.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the avocado egg salad into each wrap.
- Top with bell pepper slices, optional jalapeños slices, a dash of lime, sprouts, and red pepper flakes.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- The avocado egg salad will keep in sealed container in fridge for 5 days or so.
- If you don’t have avocado, feel free to use chipotle paleo mayo.
- Lettuce wraps or romaine leafs also work!
- For less spicyness, omit jalapeños. You can also use regular green chilies, canned or fresh.
- Category: lunch
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
Keywords: wraps, egg salad, paleo, low carb, healthy, avocado egg salad
In the words of baby spice —> “SPICE UP YOUR LIFE” and let’s celebrate all things Mexicana! Oh and leftover eggs and birthdays. Yes!
What are your favorite Mexican Inspired dishes? Have you ever made a spicy Avocado Egg salad? Confession. I grew up on the southern style pickled egg salad sandwich on white bread with loads of processed mayo. Probably 3x a week. And I think stuffed potato chips in it as well. Ha! What kid didn’t do that?
Cheers friends! Happy Tequila Friday!