Mexican Avocado Egg Salad Wraps are loaded with vitamins, nutrients, and flavor for a healthy recipe that’s quick to make and perfect for meal prep!
For the Avocado Egg Salad:
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 large avocado, diced (equivalent to 1/2 cup)
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 ounces fire-roasted green chilies (canned, drained)
- 2 garlic cloves (1 teaspoon minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- dash of lime
- 1/3 cup red or green onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- 5 large lettuce leaves (ex: Romaine, butter lettuce, kale, or collard greens)
- Egg salad (above)
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1–2 jalapeños
- Salt to taste
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 Fresh lime and juice
- Optional garnishes: chopped cilantro and/or spicy sprouts
- Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half. Remove the yolk, and place it in a food processor or blender. Keep the egg whites for later.
- Combine the avocado, cilantro, green chilies, garlic, spices, a dash of lime juice, onion, salt, and pepper to taste in the food processor. Pulse/blend until a creamy, slightly chunky texture is formed. *See notes. Chop up a few of the extra egg whites from the hard-boiled eggs, and fold them into the egg salad mixture.
- Clean the lettuce wraps, and place them on a towel. Pat dry. (See notes if using collard or kale leaves.)
- Scoop ¼-⅓ cup of the avocado egg salad into each wrap.
- Top with bell pepper slices, a dash of lime juice, red pepper flakes, jalapeño slices, salt, and pepper to taste. Garnish with optional spicy sprouts and/or chopped cilantro .
- Storage – Keep the egg salad separate from the lettuce wraps in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
* If you don’t have a food processor, finely dice and mash the ingredients in a bowl until blended.
For a creamier texture, add an additional 2 -4 Tablespoons of avocado or paleo mayo.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: n/a
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 2.4
- Sodium: 191.2
- Fat: 8.8
- Saturated Fat: 2.6
- Carbohydrates: 7.6
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5.2
- Cholesterol: 221.3
Keywords: wraps, egg salad, paleo, whole30, low carb, avocado egg salad, meal prep