Easy Chimichurri White Bean Hummus. A healthy white bean hummus that is bursting with flavor and color! So simple to make, vegan, gluten free, and a total crowd pleaser appetizer or snack! PS It has some major health perks too. You’ll love!
How to make a healthy party/appetizer food be good for you but still look edible?.
Pump up that COLOR and texture then tell everyone it’s avocado! Seeing is believing, right? Haha. Just kidding.
But really, that’s not the main motive with this white bean hummus recipe. Remember, it’s first week of January and we’re halfway through GREEN week, TLC week, reset week! So let’s continue with a big bowl of CHIMICHURRI White bean hummus. Yesssssss!
HOW TO MAKE CHIMICHURRI White bean hummus:
Come on, we all need the extra greens and extra digestive support (ahem fiber). And while we’re at it, we might as well take care of that gut flora too. Hence the WHITE BEAN in this recipe.
Haha, I know, you’re confused. How does a white bean hummus help with digestion and gut flora? Well, for one, when white bean is it’s cooked then cooled, it becomes a resistant starch. Resistant starches feed the good bacteria in your gut. Resistant starches are a (healthy) form of carbohydrate that contain certain fiber which cannot be digested at all, this fiber will then feed the bacteria in the colon. COLD beans beans the magical fruit, the more you eat them the more your …… immune system and you digestion get one heck of a BOOST! See what I did there?
Okay, now to make this bean hummus extra special and GREEN, let’s make it chimichurri style and with more parsley! The forgotten herb.
I spoke a wee bit about parsley in the green smoothie post, but Ya’ll, parsley is magical!
- It has a over 5oo% of the daily recommended value, which can help with bone strength.
- It has 3x more Iron than spinach (watch out popeye!)
- And it is an herb that has anti-inflammatory properties.
Ya, so this chimichurri hummus is like the GREEK GODS of hummus (Health Wise). But also, it’s so delicious! If I can get BEEFY MANLY TEXAS Men to chow down on a vegan dish, let alone a bean hummus dish, and not realize it’s healthy, then I’m pretty sure it’s a keeper. Right?
Easy Chimichurri White Bean Hummus. A healthy gluten free white bean hummus that is bursting with flavor and color! So simple to make, vegan friendly, and a total crowd pleaser appetizer or snack!
- 2 cups cooked organic white navy beans/ cannellini (or a 14 oz can works too)
- 1 cup parsley (small bunch)
- 1/2 c to 3/4 cup packed cilantro (I like more!)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 of a shallot or 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic (equivalent to 3 small cloves)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- Black pepper to taste
- First drain your beans. Next chop parsley so that the stems are removed. Place parsley, beans, tahini, and onion in a food processor or quality blender.. Blend until smooth.
- Slowing add in your oil and the rest of your ingredients, minus the black pepper and chili flakes.
- Blend again until a thick dip is formed.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with black pepper, chili pepper, and more parsley, cilantro, and sea salt if desired.
- Makes 2-3 cups.
If you are using avocado oil, the hummus will have more of a green color. Regular olive oil will turn out light green. Both work great!
To spice it up, feel free to blend in a jalapeno!
- Category: dip/appetizer
- Cuisine: dip/appetizer
Nutrition for a 1/4 cup serving.
So here’s an idea! Serve this fun white bean hummus at your next football party, potluck, or family gathering! Or keep it all for yourself, I won’t judge you. Promise! And if you use sprouted grain tortilla chips to dip into it with, you get major BONUS health points. Just sayin….
Favorite type of hummus? Chimichurri fan?
I like saying the word chimichurri, so I’m automatically a fan! 😉
- Facebook Click here Cotter Crunch FB
- Instagram –CotterCrunch
- Pinterest– Cottercrunch
- Email- [email protected]
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch