Easy Chimichurri White Bean Hummus. A healthy gluten free white bean hummus that is bursting with flavor and color! So simple to make, vegan friendly, and a total crowd pleaser appetizer or snack!
- 2 cups cooked organic white navy beans/ cannellini (or a 14 oz can works too)
- 1 cup parsley (small bunch)
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup packed cilantro (I like more!)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 of a shallot or 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (equivalent to 3 small cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- Black pepper to taste
- First drain the beans. Next chop parsley so that the stems are removed. Place parsley, beans, tahini, and onion in a food processor or quality blender. Blend until smooth.
- Slowing add in your oil and the rest of your ingredients, minus the black pepper and chili flakes.
- Blend again until a thick dip is formed.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with black pepper, chili pepper, and more parsley, cilantro, and sea salt if desired.
- Makes 2-3 cups.
If you are using avocado oil, the hummus will have more of a green color. Regular olive oil will turn out light green. Both work great!
To spice it up, feel free to blend in a jalapeno!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: dip/appetizer
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: dip/appetizer
- Serving Size: 1/4 c
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 2 gr
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12 gr
- Fiber: 3.6 gr
- Protein: 5.2 gr
Keywords: hummus, white bean hummus, easy appetizer, vegan appetizer, snack