This glazed shrimp dinner is a super EASY and flavorful, protein-packed, gluten free recipe that your whole family will love! The healthy seafood recipe has shrimp that is browned in a sweet and savory apricot and bacon sauce that’s to DIE FOR!
This week.. OH MY! I think I need a little grace here. In fact, I need a lot of grace. You see, after I posted THIS DELICIOUS Reese’s protein bites recipe on Monday, my site crashed. Annoying, yes. But not the end of the world. Although staying on hold for tech support for hours is not my idea of fun, haha. Oh wait, it gets better.
I forgot I had a sponsored post due; whoops. I also forgot I was supposed to submit the bites recipe to another site for a project. Double whoops. Both of those “supposed to” obligations couldn’t happen, didn’t happen. Oh, and I forgot that I was supposed to be a loving supportive wife… MAJOR WHOOPS! In fact, my poor husband got the frustrated annoyed wife instead. Good thing he’s patient and gives me a lot of grace. PHEW!
So there I was. Needing extra grace and a little bit of therapy. Luckily, I figured I could I’d call it a day and get in the kitchen. That’s my therapy. A glass of wine, sautéing a bunch goodness, and the computer shut off! I also figured that if I cooked a really good meal, then that would make up for me being a pain in the arse to my husband. Makes total sense, right?
So this glazed shrimp recipe is not about the health benefits. It’s not about the perfect pre or post workout meal. But it is a RECOVERY meal.
A meal that can and WILL recover you from ANY bad day or week. A meal that says “Honey, I’m sorry, here’s a home cooked meal with extra bacon and extra love. You don’t even have to share it.” Haha – okay, he did share. But you get where I am coming from.
Apricot and Bacon Glazed Shrimp with Quinoa
- 8 oz shrimp (peeled)
- 3 pieces of smoked bacon (chopped)
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Apricot Preserves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp orange juice (fresh)
- Quinoa Ingredients below.
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup white quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (or broth if you prefer)
- First, cook your quinoa according to directions. I like to add in a little bit of coconut cream to make it a tad sweet. I used a rice cooker but you can use stove top. 1/2 cup quinoa calls for 1 cup water. So I used 2/3 cup water and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup coconut cream.
- Once the quinoa is cooking, start your shrimp dish.
- Place 3 chopped bacon strips, shrimp, and honey in a skillet. Cook on medium for about 8-10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked and bacon is crispy on edges.
- Keep on low or set aside.
- In another small pot, add in 3 tbsp apricot preserves, 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, a few spoons of the bacon/honey mixture you cooked the shrimp in, and 2 tbsp orange juice.
- Cook on medium for about 5 minutes until it turns into a sauce.
- Now combine the sauce, shrimp, and quinoa all together in one pot, mix and add in your garlic, pepper, dash of salt.
- Spoon into bowl and garnish with green onion.
- Feel free to add in extra sauce on top if you have any!
feel free to add in any extra veggies too!
If you decide to not use the bacon, be sure to add in little oil or other fat to cook the shrimp at first.
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to see it and share it!" Tag me on IG @cottercrunchor hashtag #cottercrunch
Apricot bacon glazed shrimp is my saving grace meal. It’s a little bit of every sweet and savory flavor rolled into one delicious dish.
It’s gluten free (duh), it’s pretty much healthy (unless you drink the bacon grease straight up), and it’s suitable for ANY type of meal. Heck, throw an egg on top and let’s call it breakfast. Just sayin..
Now, excuse me while I go remove my horns and put on my angel wings.
What’s your saving grace meal? Favorite way to cook with bacon?
p.s. If you are looking for some gluten free baking tips, check out the Lean Green Bean today! I’m sharing my GF ways. I’m also sharing my “ways to fight adrenal fatigue” tips over on Run to the Finish! Lots of good sharing this week.