Apricot and Bacon Glazed Shrimp with Quinoa
- 8 oz shrimp (peeled)
- 3 pieces of smoked bacon (chopped)
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Apricot Preserves
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Dash of sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp orange juice (fresh)
- Quinoa Ingredients below.
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup white quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (or broth if you prefer)
- First, cook your quinoa according to directions. I like to add in a little bit of coconut cream to make it a tad sweet. I used a rice cooker but you can use stove top. 1/2 cup quinoa calls for 1 cup water. So I used 2/3 cup water and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup coconut cream.
- Once the quinoa is cooking, start your shrimp dish.
- Place 3 chopped bacon strips, shrimp, and honey in a skillet. Cook on medium for about 8-10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked and bacon is crispy on edges.
- Keep on low or set aside.
- In another small pot, add in 3 tbsp apricot preserves, 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, a few spoons of the bacon/honey mixture you cooked the shrimp in, and 2 tbsp orange juice.
- Cook on medium for about 5 minutes until it turns into a sauce.
- Now combine the sauce, shrimp, and quinoa all together in one pot, mix and add in your garlic, pepper, dash of salt.
- Spoon into bowl and garnish with green onion.
- Feel free to add in extra sauce on top if you have any!
Feel free to add in any extra veggies too!
If you decide to not use the bacon, be sure to add in little oil or other fat to cook the shrimp at first.