When it comes to food and fitness, I’m all about making things more simple, do-able, and effective. Aren’t we all? And these days, simple and effective are my life motto. I just want to get THINGS done and make them count. I don’t need a 10 step process, I need 2 or 3 max. I don’t want to buy things that are not functional (okay maybe I do buy the prettier looking shoes sometimes), I want my purchases to work FOR ME. I know, I sound like I’m complaining, but I promise I’m not. Nope, can’t complain when all your little tips and tricks are paying off.
Here me out now.
1. Buy the right shoes and gear. And buy ONLINE for discounts! What do I mean by that? Usually you can find end of summer deals online sooner than in store. Sometimes they will have free shipping as well! As far as having the right gear goes, invest in the gear that WORKS with your body.
I ordered these Under Armour Heat Sonic tights because they block odor (uh, I teach classes for a job, I need it!) and because they are wearable in the heat. So perfect for my outdoor classes. I also saw that they are compression tights—> BONUS!
2. You don’t have to kill yourself with a ton of tucks or Crunches to work core. In fact, sometimes one simple movement will get the shebang! I do this exercise at the end of class as a CORE FINISHER. You can use paper plates or towels as well. The focus is on the pull in, keeping the abs engaged. Trying do 1 minute on, 10 seconds off for 4 –5 rounds.
3. Where Orange to increase your melatonin. Confused? What I mean buy that is is protect yourself from blue light (from laptops, iphones, etc) at night. It can disrupt circadian rhythm and suppress melatonin production. I actually took Wellness Mamas advice and bought a pair myself since I’m on the computer a little more these days (nights).
Although the Kiwi seems to be wearing them more now than me. But if it helps him sleep better, I’ll share! (p.s. he placed 5th last weekend at Ironman Steelhead 70.3 –> Proud wife moment!).
4. If you are like me and don’t want to spend money on FROYO or think it’s too sweet. Yes, I’m not that big of fan of FROYO shops. Gelato is a whole other story though.
When I want to make my own frozen yogurt, I freeze my fruit in milk or in another protein smoothie mix. Then once frozen, I blend with banana and a little greek yogurt or kefir! It’s AMAZING! I used apricots in the one above. You can do the same with coffee for a coffee flavored froyo, minus the fruit of course.
Do you have any Marvelous Food or Fitness Tips/Tricks?
- Instagram –LCCotter
- Pinterest– LCCotter
- Email- [email protected]
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch
- Feed burner –Subscribe Here
- Crazy Cotters (both our blogs combined) Facebook page.
Huge congrats to my designer friend jenny for starting another inspirational blog!