A yogurt bowls breakfast with fruit, but not just ANY fruit, a nourishing superfoods fruit – DATES! Gluten free, grain free, healthy breakfast bowls with sticky date cake and Greek yogurt taste like dessert, but Sticky Date Cake Yogurt Bowls aren’t just delicious, they’re good for you, too! Paleo option.
Alright friends, just a little update here. We moved this yogurt bowl recipe to its own page so we could index it better for you. This is that grain free breakfast recipe you saw us making on Instagram stories over and over again. HOOKED! We’ve also added a video and more nerdy nutrition facts about these superfood yogurt bowls. Sound good? Get ready for some corniness and cookbook recipe LOVE! I know, I’m lame. But you love me.
First of all, let’s talk about what makes this sticky cake and naturally sweetened. Mmm yes, all about them dates.
Go on a Date with Dates
Are dates a superfood? Yes, YES they are!
The health benefits of dates is long and impressive. Because fresh dates are a superfood, they really do a body good. Here are just a few reasons to eat dates. Oh, and of course, another reason to make Sticky Date Cake Yogurt Bowls for your healthy breakfast or snack!
- Dates are packed with vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients
- Heart Health – Dates contain several nutrients that support heart health. They’re high in fiber and B vitamins, and they’re low in fat, so they won’t increase your cholesterol.
- Diabetic Friendly – Dates have been used as a natural sweetener for centuries. They’re no less sugary than honey or maple syrup, and they won’t spike your blood sugar.
- Gut Health -- The soluble and insoluble fibers and amino acids present in dates can help to improve the digestive system, which assists in healing a leaky gut.
Ya, I know, the nerdy nutrition talk about a mug cake. But hey, sometimes we all just need to know that you can have your cake and eat it too.
How do we make the sticky sweet part with dates? It’s simple!
Soaking dates and blending them creates a sticky sweet paste! Oh, how I love nature’s candy! All you need are a few minutes to bake this mug cake in the microwave or oven, using the sticky date paste. Then, whip it together with Greek yogurt (or coconut milk yogurt) and toppings. You’ll never know this dessert superfood bowl is actually good for you.
How to Make Sticky Date Cake Yogurt Bowls Video
You see, a healthy “cake” recipe that’s pretty simple! Or in this case a breakfast dessert bowl.
Now here are the KEY ingredients needed!
- Dates soaked in water and honey
- Almond milk
- Coconut oil
- Almond flour and/or coconut flour
- Banana and yogurt for the bowl!
Haha, thanks for letting me talk your ear off about dates and cake. Sheesh, it’s been a long and oh so busy weekend, can you tell? Regardless of my tiredness, this is truly one of my favorite breakfast, snack, and/or dessert recipes from my Nourishing Bowl Cookbook. We make it almost weekly, which is why I think you’ll love it too! Okay maybe I am bias.
Have you tried this yet? We’d love feedback and all any other combos you’ve tried!
p.s We gave away a lot of cookbook from this past weekend’s Foodie Bootcamp! And guess what? We still have more to giveaway! I’ll be sharing a recap of the weekend plus how you can win this cookbook in the upcoming No Waste Leftovers challenge. Stay tuned, mmm k?