Breakfast salads are the best way to start the day! Create a healthy warm Paleo morning meal with lightly cooked broccoli cole slaw, onion, and butternut squash topped with seasonal fruit and a protein rich fried egg! A nourishing breakfast salad worth waking up for! Easy, Whole 30 friendly, delicious!
A warm breakfast salad? Yes, those exist. And, well, goodness. What’d ya know…. Another superfood salad. Except this one is for celebrating! Yet again, I celebrate good things with paleo deliciousness (I’ll explain more in a minute). This paleo breakfast a fun twist and anew favorite breakfast in our house. A lightly warmed and buttery broccoli cole slaw salad combined with squash, berries, roasted pumpkin seeds, avocado, and a fried egg. It’s a warm salad even a man will eat! Haha.
About that celebration. I guess there’s two things really. One, I accidentally made all paleo summery foods to share this week. Yes, I’m totally counting this Paleo warm breakfast salad as a part summer style salad with a part Fall “squash” flare. So we’re going with. We’re going to celebrate the last bit of summery food while we transition into September, the official “FALL” month. Capeesh?
This means there with be more no bake “coconutty” (totally made up that word) snacks and soft serve refreshing treats. Will join me? I am sensing a head nod YES!
The second celebration comes in the form of vegetables, especially broccoli cole slaw. Confused? Well, it’s Mann’s Fresh Broccoli Cole Slaw 25th Anniversary! How cool is that? 25 years of fueling us with healthy a veggie packed salad slaw! Not to mention many more years of veggie blends and veggie products made EASY! Can you tell I like the word veggie? Haha! That makes my inner nutrition nerd rejoice. Picture me, in glasses, tossing up a bunch of broccoli cole slaw confetti! Of course this confetti would then fall perfectly on to a plate so you could make a breakfast salad.
But in all seriousness, that is a long time to be supplying us with so much REAL FOOD! Let alone supplying work for farmers, families, growers, and more. There’s something to be said about a company who’s vision is to support local while also focusing on sustainability and the future of this industry. Mann’s is also now a third generation, majority women-owned company. LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
That being said, I’m ready to fill up my party plate with some veggie confetti! Aka… BROCCOLI SLAW!
I picked Mann’s broccoli cole slaw to celebrate because ….
- It’s just so colorful! Oh man, purple and green are my favorite colors. It also means it’s more nutrient dense. A NOURISHING Breakfast Salad to give you energy!!
- It’s EASY. Meaning, hand picked veggies made easy. Pre shredded and great to toss in cold or hot dishes/bowls. Ahem…. like my tangy broccoli slaw salad. End of summer bliss!
- It’s the perfect combination of sweet and slightly bitter vegetables. Ya’ll, those are KEY when it comes to cooking. It makes the dish more adaptable. The carrots, cabbage, and broccoli are a match made in veggie dish heaven.
Now combine all those reasons with buttery healthy fats (like egg and avocado) and tart sweet berries.
Yep –> a celebration of flavors and nutrition packed all into a KILLER Paleo Breakfast Salad.
Alright… Grab your broccoli cole slaw “confetti” and let’s make this dish Ya’ll!
Paleo Warm Breakfast Salad
- 1 1/3 cup chopped peeled butternut squash
- 1/3 c shopped red onion or shallot
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil or butter (divided)
- 12 ounces broccoli cole slaw salad mix
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic or one garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp or more sea salt and black pepper each (to taste)
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 4 eggs
- red pepper flakes and cilantro to garnish
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- roasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- First peel and chop your veggies. Slice your avocado if you don't want to wait till the end.
- Place chopped squash in steamer on in microwave safe dish with 1 tbsp water. Steam for 2 -2.5 minutes or more. Depends on microwave power. Cook until tender but not mushy.
- Remove, drain water, set aside.
- In a small skillet, place 1 tbsp butter or oil.
- Heat on medium high and add your onions.
- Fry for 2 minutes or until onions start to brown a bit.
- Next add in your slaw, garlic, salt/pepper, 1 tbsp water, and balsamic vinegar.
- Mix all together in skillet.
- Cover and let cook on medium for about 2-3 minutes.
- Slaw will be slightly tender but not fully cooked.
- Remove and place in bowl.
- Add your squash and 1/3 cup berries to the bowl and toss.
- Next fry your eggs in the same skillet.
- Add another 1/2 tbsp of butter or oil on medium high heat.
- Fry until crispy on outside and yolk in orange and round. Probably 4 minutes or less depending on how you like your yolk.
- Serve slaw onto plates.
- Place fried egg on top of each.
- Garnish with red pepper, 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, cilantro, and any extra salt/pepper.
- Add sliced avocado on the side.
optional - Not paleo but feel free to add in feta or goat cheese crumbles.
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to see it and share it!" Tag me on IG @cottercrunchor hashtag #cottercrunch
Nutrition Per Plate:
Have ever seen such a fun warm salad? Keeping nodding and agree this one is it! YUP!
My dad even liked this salad. And he does not eat salads. Life GOAL COMPLETE! Haha! I guess it’s all about the veggie and protein packed combo’s ya’ll! Pack it in, butter it up. Serve it up!
Now that’s how we do Meatless Monday!
*This Paleo Warm Breakfast Salad recipe is sponsored by my friends over at Mann’s Veggies Made Easy ! Thank you for allowing me to share their VEGGIES made EASY and celebrate 25 years of Broccoli Cole Slaw with this company.
If you could make your own warm Breakfast salad, paleo or vegan or whatever, what would veggies would you include? The choices are endless!