This truly is the Ultimate No Bake Breakfast Cookie Bites recipe! Packed full wholesome ingredients, rich in fiber, a boost of protein! Tastes like a cookie but suitable for breakfast! Cinnamon, oats, nuts, spices, molasses, and maple syrup. It’s heavenly ya’ll! And vegan friendly too.
Yup. I just went there. I declared these the ultimate breakfast cookie bite . Ground gluten free oats, crushed nuts, almond butter, cinnamon, molasses, maple syrup, vanilla, and a whole lotta love! These taste like homemade nutty cinnamon rolls plus snickerdoodle cookies all wrapped up in one little breakfast energy bite! Hence the name breakfast cookie bite. Oh, but no baking of course. As If I haven’t already made enough breakfast cookie recipes and no bake bite recipes, right?
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE BREAKFAST COOKIE BITES
But here’s the thing, these no bake breakfast cookie bites are ultimate in ways you can’t even imagine. Like, for instance, they have been my ultimate lifesaver for energy and fuel! Why?Because y’all, I am in totally in deadline mode. As in manuscript for cookbook deadline. Due in a week!! And I’m still writing, tweaking, retesting, etc. plus blog work. The good thing is I kinda knew this would be the case, hence all the energy/cookie bites needed. These lil cookie bites have been the perfect breakfast and snacking substance for the overhaul! I specifically created them for that too. Hey, at least I planned well ahead, right? Ha!
Are you ready to hear more of my ultimate reasoning? Sure you are! Things are about to get nerdy here y’all! Nutrition nerdy.
Iron, fiber, protein, healthy fats and omega 3s, anti inflammatory rich spices, and gluten free whole grains! See… the ultimate healthy breakfast combo to fuel your day!!!
And in cookie bite form!
Let’s discuss more, shall we? Cause this combo deserves some major healthy bragging!
Here’s how we’re going to do this. I list the ingredients and then I only get 2 bragging sentences to go with it. Meaning the STELLAR component part. Come on, this will be fun! Side note –> I’m a big nerd! You know this!
Gluten Free Oats/Oat Flour – water-soluble fiber! This type of fiber is known to help reduce overall cholesterol levels.
Chia or Flaxseeds – Omega 3 fatty acids! Protein and Fiber!
Natural Nut butter (all things nutty in fact) – high fatty-acid combined with a good source of protein nourish the brain and nervous system. (source)
Maple Syrup – MINERALS!! Especially Manganese, which is a key essential mineral for nutrition absorption.
Molasses – Rich in iron and natural sweetener!
Cinnamon – Calms inflammation in the body, if you have chronic inflammation. Plus it helps ease digestion. I’m a cinnamon believer! Oops, that was 3 sentences.
BONUS – Protein Powder of choice – Okay so this is tricky. I think the best kind of protein boost you can add here is a collagen powder or protein. But if you have a sprouted rice, pea, or hemp, those would work too! Suitable for vegans and easier on digestion. Not to mention still rich in essential Amino Acids. Great for protein bars too! Dang, that was a lot of bragging sentences, but since it was bonus, so we’re cool!
BONUS BONUS –> I might had added just a smidgen of dark chocolate shavings. Yes, within the batter!
The Ultimate No Bake Breakfast Cookie Bites! Super Easy, wholesome, gluten free, and vegan!
- 1/3 cup ground oats (oat flour works too)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup peanut flour, protein powder, or sifted coconut flour (see notes for details)
- 2 tbsp chia or flaxseed
- 1/4 c natural nut butter (almond butter, peanut butter, or sunflower seed butter work best. No stir)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp molasses
- Optional 1 – 2 tbsp finely crushed/chopped nuts in batter (extra for coating)
- dark chocolate shavings (optional but so good!!)
- extra flour/cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Finely grind 1/2 cup whole rolled oats in food processor or blender, then transfer into a mixing bowl. This should make around 1/3 cup ground oats. You can also just use oat flour.
- Add your almond flour, peanut flour or protein powder, cinnamon, chia or flaxseed, and almond butter.
- Stir ingredients all together. Add in your maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla then mix again with hands. If you are adding in nuts, do so here. Just 1 tbsp. You can also add in a 1 tbsp of dark chocolate shavings.
You might need to add more maple syrup or almond butter if batter gets to dry.
- Roll into 1-1.5 inch balls. Then roll each ball in a bit of crushed nuts (optional) and place on baking sheet or other large container with parchment paper underneath.
- Let them freeze for 20-30 minutes then transfer into a Ziploc bag.
- Dust with additional cinnamon and peanut flour (or protein powder) if desired. keep in fridge or freezer for up to 6 weeks
- You don’t have to add additional crushed nuts. You will see some of my breakfast cookie bites pictures are without the nuts. This is a personal preference.
- *Adjust maple syrup/nut butter amount accordingly. If you have thicker protein or flour, you might need more, etc.
- Nutritional Information shown below is per no bake bite. Think of 3-4 bites as one serving.
Keywords: no bake bites, breakfast cookies, no bake breakfast cookies, gluten free, vegan
Alright, now tell me… what’s your ultimate snack or breakfast recipe? Lord help me! I need more to fuel this next week!
In the meantime, I’m hogging the breakfast cookie bites. Sorry Kiwi Cotter, none for you!