This Warm Mediterranean Spinach Artichoke Hummus Dip is a meal in itself. A vegetarian Mediterranean Baked Hummus Dip that’s wholesome and healthy. Simple real food ingredients that you blend and bake! Gluten free, plant based, and delicious ya’ll!
This Warm Mediterranean Spinach Artichoke Hummus Dip recipe is sponsored by my friends Sabra. Get ready to want to lick the screen. Restrain if you can.
As many of you know, I’m a hummus lover. Like hummus addict. That’s a good thing, in my opinion. In fact, I’ve been known to make a whole meal out of hummus. Really, check out my IG post from last week and you”ll totally see why! Don’t worry, I’ll share my reasoning here as well. Hummus is one of those vegetarian/gluten free appetizers that’s just so good, so filling (fiber and plant based protein to boot!), it’ so good for you (rich in non heme iron), that it actually becomes an unofficial meal. Yes, a satisfying SNACKAGE Meal! But wait, I’m not just talking about a plain ol’ jane hummus and crackers. Nope. I’m talking about this. VEGGIE LOADED Warm Mediterranean Spinach Artichoke HUMMUS DIP! This, my friends, is a meatless unofficial meal you can enjoy ANY TIME of day.
Okay, so what exactly is an unofficial meal?
A unofficial Meal is a wholesome everyday snack or appetizer that just fills you up and give you energy, just like a healthy meal. It can occur any time! Afternoon, post dinner, heck, an unofficial meal can occur anytime you need that energy boost! Or, if you are like me, you make this Warm Hummus Dip a meal when you need to throw together a meal on minimal ingredients. That happens a lot in our house. Haha, whoops!
Anyway, back to Hummus obsession and making the most out of snack time. No “formal meal” rules here ya’ll. It’s a come as you are and enjoy type of snack sharing recipe and I have Sabra to thank for that! Sabra hummus. Fresh, satisfying, Sabra Hummus. If you don’t know this brand, you’ve been living under a rock. I’m kidding. Kinda. But in all honesty, adding Sabra Hummus to this Warm Mediterranean Spinach Artichoke Hummus Dip is the KEY nutritional ingredient to this whole Unofficial Meal
It’s what boosts the protein in a once regular veggie dip. It’s always what makes it extra filling. Sabra Hummus is made with fresh chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), tahini and a touch of garlic. Simple, real food, Non GMO ingredients!
I’m sure you’re wondering what else is in this Greek Style Hummus Dip. Oh yea, it’s magic I tell you. And all it takes is a little blending.
- Roasted Red Pepper HUMMUS
- Greek Style Yogurt
- Parmesan or Feta (you choose)
- Olive oil
- WHOLE LOTTA LOVE!!
Think of it as a spinach artichoke dip meets greek style hummus meets epic veggie Crudités platter. And made with ease!Print
Warm Mediterranean Spinach Artichoke Hummus Dip is a meal in itself. A vegetarian Mediterranean Baked Hummus Dip that’s wholesome and healthy. Simple real food ingredients that you blend and bake! Gluten free, plant based.
- 10 oz Roasted Red Pepper Hummus or Regular hummus (We used Sabra)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek Style yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves (1 tsp minced)
- 1/2 cup parmesan crumbles or shredded – divided (See notes for dairy free version)
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 4 artichoke hearts (canned works fine, just drain first)
- 3 basil leaves
- 1/2 small Lemon – juice
- Salt/pepper to taste – Around 1/2 tsp or so
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Optional herbs, spinach, olives for topping.
- Sliced veggies or gluten free crackers for serving.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease or oil an 8×8 baking dish. Set aside.
- Place hummus, yogurt, artichoke, basil, spinach, artichoke hearts, 1/2 lemon juiced, salt, pepper, and garlic in a food processor or blender. Blend until all is mixed. You might have to scrape sides a few times. Add 1/3 cup parmesan and blend again until creamy.
- Add a tbsp of olive oil if needed. Taste to see if you if it needs more salt/pepper/seasoning.
- Place mixture in a 8×8 (greased) baking dish.
- Add 1/4 cup more parmesan on top.
- Bake 20 minutes covered; 10 minutes uncovered; broil last minute.
- Top with additional herbs, spinach, pepper, slice of lemon, optional olives, etc.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top and a sprinkle more of parmesan before serving.
- Serve immediately with veggies or gluten free toast /crackers.
- Keeps best in fridge after baking.
- If you want a vegan/dairy free version, substitute nutritional yeast for parmesan and use non dairy yogurt.
Estimated Nutrition Calories 85-90 Total Fat 4.4g Saturated Fat 1.7g 300 mg Sodium (miligrams) Total Carbohydrates 6.5g Dietary Fiber 1.5g Sugars 1g Protein 5g
Keywords: spinach artichoke hummus dip, healthy dips, healthy snacks, gluten free snacks, dairy free, plant based
You see, it’s an appetizer that’s truly is a meal in itself (I might have paired it with a white wine). Perfect for noshing and nourishing! Share it or hog it. I won’t judge. Eat it as a dip or spoon it on
all the things food related toast, flatbread, veggie wraps! The ideas are endless.
Warning –> Once you start making warm hummus dip, you can’t stop. As a hummus addict, I might have gone overboard. 3 batches in one week. Not sorry.
Let the unofficial meal season begin! You’re invited to my place first. Mmm k?