Warm Mediterranean Spinach Artichoke Hummus Dip is a meal in itself. A vegetarian Mediterranean Baked Hummus Dip that’s wholesome and healthy. Simple real food ingredients that you blend and bake! Gluten free, plant based.
- 10 oz Roasted Red Pepper Hummus or Regular hummus (We used Sabra)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek Style yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves (1 tsp minced)
- 1/2 cup parmesan crumbles or shredded – divided (See notes for dairy free version)
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 4 artichoke hearts (canned works fine, just drain first)
- 3 basil leaves
- 1/2 small Lemon – juice
- Salt/pepper to taste – Around 1/2 tsp or so
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Optional herbs, spinach, olives for topping.
- Sliced veggies or gluten free toast/crackers for serving.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease or oil an 8×8 baking dish. Set aside.
- Place hummus, yogurt, artichoke, basil, spinach, artichoke hearts, 1/2 lemon juiced, salt, pepper, and garlic in a food processor or blender. Blend until all is mixed. You might have to scrape sides a few times. Add 1/3 cup parmesan and blend again until creamy.
- Add a tbsp of olive oil if needed. Taste to see if you if it needs more salt/pepper/seasoning.
- Place mixture in a 8×8 (greased) baking dish.
- Add 1/4 cup more parmesan on top.
- Bake 20 minutes covered; 10 minutes uncovered; broil last minute.
- Top with additional herbs, spinach, pepper, slice of lemon, optional olives, etc.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top and a sprinkle more of parmesan before serving.
- Serve immediately with veggies or gluten free toast /crackers.
- Keeps best in fridge after baking.
- If you want a vegan/dairy free version, substitute nutritional yeast for parmesan and use non dairy yogurt.
Estimated Nutrition Calories 85-90 Total Fat 4.4g Saturated Fat 1.7g 300 mg Sodium (miligrams) Total Carbohydrates 6.5g Dietary Fiber 1.5g Sugars 1g Protein 5g
- Category: appetizer, snack
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: spinach artichoke hummus dip, healthy dips, healthy snacks, gluten free snacks, dairy free, plant based