Simple Healthy gut Green Smoothies and Orange Smoothies with cinnamon and ginger! These simple orange and green smoothies are both vegan friendly, gluten free, and packed with nourishing ingredients.
Healthy Green smoothies are the go to for a nutrient dense snack/meal these days. Seems like everyone is hooked, which is a good thing, a healthy thing! We even love adding protein to our beloved green smoothies for a post workout PUMP!
But as much as I love these nourishing smoothies, I also had to be careful when and I used them during the beginning stages of gut healing. You see, the oxalate content in spinach and kale can make your digestive issues worse if you drink them daily. Instead of giving them up all together, I just started rotating my veggie packed smoothies more and steaming the veggies before adding them to my blender. Now you know why I steam my spinach in this good Healthy gut smoothie recipe.
- 10 –12 oz water or non dairy milk (coconut or almond or cashew)
- 1/2 small banana
- 2 tsp omega oil or mct oil
- 1 cup steamed spinach
- 1 scoop sprouted pea or brown rice protein
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- dash of ginger root and cinnamon
- ice (optional)
- 1 scoop greens mix (supplement of choice) – Optional
- Steam your spinach first. Just slightly in the microwave or stove top. This helps with digestions.
- Combine everything in blender and blend.
My usual rotation was the good gut smoothie, a cucumber and aloe smoothie, a key lime pie avocado smoothie, and a carrot juice smoothie. Aloe Vera is to help with leaky gut and carrots help with gastritis (to reduce the inflammation).
Phew, I know, so much to think about. All this was trial and error of course because every body responds differently to gut healing. Luckily, for me, the carrot juice was well tolerated and soothing.
My ORANGE CREAM Machine versus the Green Monster.
The carrot has been called the poor man’s ginseng as it contains more than 490 phytochemicals.
Carrots, especially carrot juice, are a sure-fire ticket to better stomach and gastrointestinal health. Carrots improve a variety of digestive problems such as:
- Upset stomach.
- Peptic ulcers.
- Crohn’s disease. (chronic inflammatory disease affecting the whole of the alimentary tract)
- Diarrhea. Celiac disease
- Chewing of carrots increases saliva and quickens digestion by supplying the necessary enzymes, minerals and vitamins. Regular use of carrot prevents the formation of gastric ulcer and other digestive disorders. Carrot juice is an effective food remedy in ailments like intestinal colic, colitis, appendicitis, peptic ulcer and dyspepsia.
Want the recipe? See this Orange Carrot Coconut Immunity Smoothie
So there you have it. A few reasons why I will always rotate smoothie blends and why I love a good ORANGE DREAM MACHINE.
Is Orange better than Green? I’d say they are tied, just depends on the how you use them and why!
Carrot juice, yay or nay? Green smoothies, yay or nay?
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch
- Feed burner –Subscribe Here
- Crazy Cotters (both our blogs combined) Facebook page.
Happy Cinco de Mayo! Don’t forget to make the Mexican Chocolate Healthy Bites Recipe and enter the giveaway!