My birthday always seems to sneaks up on me. I blame it on summer. So much going on and then bam, it’s end of July. Well, this year I really can’t forget my birthday. It’s the big 30! As I sit here realizing it’s less than 2 weeks away, I can’t help but think “should have I done a 30 by 30 list?” Should I have made big plans, set a goal, run a race, etc.? I take a sip of wine (it’s 6pm on Sunday night, so it’s allowed), smile, and think… Nah, it’s all good. I like where I’ve been, what I’ve done, who I’ve met, what dreams I have chased (and still are chasing), and what’s come from it all. GROWTH! Spiritual, Mental, Physical, and Emotional growth. And sometimes, we just need to enjoy where we are. Nothing to prove but age. A growing age. Okay and maybe a bathroom selfie post hair cut and highlight.
Honestly, I love getting older. You laugh at yourself more. Rest more (or in my case, act like a grandma). You enjoy slowness and simplicity. You just like being. As I age I find myself planning less and embracing more. Which brings me to this week. I had not planned to travel or take a vacation this month, but then I realized I wanted to, scored a few Southwest Airline passes, and off I go. Beach time, girl time (me and my mama), R&R time.
Things just fell together last minute and well, I just can’t pass that up, ya know? Do I have guests posts lined up? Nope. But I don’t think you’ll mind. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, yes?
[print_this] Serves: 4
Sarena’s GF Biscuits are Heavenly. I made a quick fix version that hit the spot!
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour Mix
- I used ⅓ cup each- Millet, almond or coconut flour, and tapioca
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon cooking Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Herb mix (Rosemary, thyme, Basil)
- chopped garlic (½ clove)
- ½ Oil or butter
- I did the quick fix version. Throw everything in a bowl. Mix well. Roll in to 4 balls. Place on baking sheet and bake for 16-20 minutes at 400F. This made 4 large biscuits. Not as fluffy as Sarena’s but very moist (hate that word) and airy. Best serve with extra garlic and butter or vegan butter with garlic. My husband loves to add vegemite. Such a kiwi! [/print_this]
Garlic, Butter, Bread.. ya, that works well for me.
Best part about growing older? What’s your favorite use of Garlic?