A one-pot pork chops meal! Gluten free BBQ cherry one-pot pork chops and quinoa is an easy pork chops recipe that feeds the family. Finally, a healthy one-pot BBQ recipe that also makes a great recovery meal. It’s balanced in carbs, protein, and healthy fats, and loaded with anti-inflammatory properties! A family friendly meal.
Howdy friends. Happy first complete week of May! Did you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? We ate BBQ one-pot pork chops (doesn’t count as Mexican) but followed it up with a Mexican Chocolate Muffin and had a “fauxjito” smoothie. That counts, right? Now, let’s talk about the craziness that comes with May. You think you’re not that busy until you look at your calendar and think… whoa.. When did I say yes to all this? Um, raise your hand if you’ve been there or are currently thinking the same? Which means there’s a lot of meals that need to be simple. EASY gluten free one-pot meals that can be minimally prepped, healthy (ish), and made all in one pot. Those seem to work out the best for extra crammed schedule.
Gluten Free One-Pot Meals also mean you don’t have to use an oven. Because if you live in Texas, it’s already 90° F and sweating in the kitchen is not very attractive. Yes, minimal oven time it’s definitely a plus for hygiene. Haha.
Speaking of sweating. I mean not sweating, today’s is one-pot wonder meal is actually NO SWEAT to make at all (see what I did there?).
Plus this one-pot pork chops dinner is one of our favorite recovery meals.
And you know me, I love a good reason to talk nutrition along with a recipe. So EASY ONE-POT Gluten free BBQ Cherry Pork and Quinoa it is! –> Winner Winner I got your one-pot dinner.
Ya’ll I am not lying when I say throwing everything in a pot. Here. I’ll show you. Just grab some Pork chops and what I like to call the perfect POWER recovery meal ingredients!
- Gluten Free BBQ Sauce (Tangy or Spicy, no additives) – Naturally sweetened but also I love that natural BBQ sauce has a good source of lycopene from the tomatoes. Another great anti-oxidant we can add the list!
- Cherry Juice – Your muscles will thank you. Cherry juice contains a ton of anti-inflammatory properties that can help fight oxidative stress (like stress on muscles during exercise, stress from environment, etc.). All this to say cherry juice is now relied on for faster recovery and easing muscle soreness post exercise. YES! (source).
- Sea Salt plus Herbs and Natural Spices – Great source of minerals and electrolytes
- Olive oil or Avocado Oil – Healthy sources of monounsaturated fatty acids are found cold-pressed olive oil. This can help reduce levels of bad cholesterol (LDL). Heart healthy, yes, we like that!
- Stock or Chicken Broth – Loaded with Minerals and amino acids we need for the muscles to keep healthy and building. BONUS –> drinking or using BONE broth (daily) can really help with reducing inflammation in the gut. This is because of the collagen/gelatin source.
- Pork Chops – Lean healthy meat and protein boost for those recovering and growing muscles!
Last but not least –> Better Body Foods Tri Colored Quinoa – QUINOA! My favorite ancient grain or pseudo grain. Yes to carbs because we need them as well to refuel the glycogen in those muscles.
And as you can see below, Better Body Foods Organic Quinoa is loaded with fiber, protein, and a plant based complete protein. Which means it has ALL nine of the essential amino acids necessary for your body.
Plus we’re gonna slow cook this quinoa, soaked in all that broth goodness, which allows for better digestion. I told you this meal was ONE POT A WONDER….WONDERFUL for you!
Not to mention that BBQ flavor makes a really tasty quinoa side dish to the BBQ cherry pork chops. Did I mention I like cherry and BBQ? TEXAS girl right here ya’ll!
Now we throw it all together and make one fabulous flavored and balanced one pot recovery meal. And when I say recovery, I mean post workout, post SUPER TIRED DAY, post CRAZY WEEK tired, post ANYTHING!
This one-pot pork chops meal is good for it all.
Plus, might I add, even better for leftovers. Which I am currently noshing on, even at breakfast. No shame.Print
Gluten Free One-Pot BBQ Cherry Pork Chops and Quinoa
- 2-3 pork chops (4oz each) — see notes for type of pork chops that work best
- 1 cup quinoa (dry)
- 1 cup organic broth
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 1/3 -1/2 cup Gluten free BBQ Sauce (tangy, smoky, or spicy)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp BBQ rub/seasoning (gluten free)
- sea salt/pepper to taste
- Rinse your quinoa.Clean and trim pork chops if excess skin is on them.
- Next Combine broth and quinoa in a stock pot or dutch oven pot.
- Mix, Then place pork chops on top of quinoa).
- Add your cherry juice (evenly around pot) then add your oil, BBQ sauce, and add balsamic vinegar and spices and sea salt/pepper last.
- Cook medium low for 70 – 90 min. Check at 35- 40 minutes and flip pork chops if you want them coated with more broth/sauce on the other side.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, and/or additional seasoning/salt on top after if desired.
Optional – gluten free Worcestershire after cooked before serving.
Check pork chops at 40 minutes if using thin cut. We used 5280 Organic Pork chops which are about 1/2 in thick give or take. These will cook faster than thick cut.
Now grab a plate and join me, because these BBQ cherry one-pot pork chops are finger lickin’ good!
Oh, bring a napkin while you’re at it. Mmm k?d
Watch this video to see just how easy these pork chops are to make:
This gluten free one-pot pork chops and quinoa recipe is sponsored by my friends over at Better Body Foods! Thank you for allowing me to share their wonderful products and talk about this caring company.
What one-pot meal do you tend to make often?
Cherry juice for muscle recovery, are you on that bandwagon yet?
p.s. Video coming soon. Just to prove how EASY this is. I’ll post it on Facebook this weekend. YEEHAW!