Cherry BBQ pork chops and quinoa is an easy pork chops recipe that feeds the family. A gluten-free, healthy one-pot meal.
- 4 pork chops (4oz each, 1/2 in thick ) — see notes for the type of pork chops that work best
- 1 cup quinoa (dry)
- 1 cup organic broth
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free BBQ rub/seasoning
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- Rinse your quinoa. Clean and trim pork chops if excess fat or skin is on them.
- Combine broth and quinoa in a stock pot or dutch oven pot. Mix to combine, then place pork chops on top of quinoa.
- Add cherry juice evenly around the pork. Add the oil, BBQ sauce, balsamic vinegar, and spices, including sea salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium-low for 70 – 90 minutes. Check at 35- 40 minutes and flip pork chops if you want them coated with more broth/sauce on the other side.
- If desired, add Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, and/or additional seasoning/salt on top after cooking.
If using thin cut pork chops, check for doneness at 40 minutes.
- Category: Main
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 oz pork and 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Calories: 442
- Sugar: 14.9g
- Sodium: 509mg
- Fat: 15.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrates: 49.9g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Cholesterol: 61.5mg
Keywords: BBQ pork chops, post workout meal, quinoa, gluten-free dinner