This Gluten Free French Bread Breakfast Strata recipe is easy-to-follow and can be made ahead! A quick breakfast casserole with ham, perfect for brunch.
- 2 Gluten Free 6 in French bread baguettes or one 12 inch cut in half
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter or non dairy butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup parmesan crumbles (extra for topping)
- 1 1/3 cup or about 7-8oz of diced ham (nitrate free). Leftover Holiday ham works great.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 oz feta crumbles
- Fresh herbs and red pepper flakes to garnish
- Preheat oven 425F. Grease or oil down a casserole dish. 9×3 or 8×10 work.
- Slice your french bread down the middle lengthwise (long) so that it makes 4 half loaves. Like a sandwich
- Spread the garlic and butter evenly on all four slices.
- Place bread slices lined up with each other in the casserole dish.
- Next prepare you egg batter. Whisk together the egg, milk, egg white, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Set aside.
- Sprinkle your ham, celery, and onion evenly over the gluten free french bread.
- If you are making this ahead, see notes before pouring batter
- If you are making all at once, then you will pour the egg parmesan batter evenly over the bread, veggies, and ham. Don’t worry, you will have some bread crust ends sticking out above the batter if you have a smaller dish.
- Spread the feta crumbles on top and any extra parmesan you’d like to make more cheesy.
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes or until bread is crusty/golden brown and eggs are cooked. Baking times will vary depending on the thickness of you french bread and your oven. Check at 25 minutes to be safe.
- Once you know it’s cooked, remove from oven.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and fresh herbs before serving.
- Salt/pepper to taste.
- If you are making this ahead. Prepare your french bread and place veggies in dish. Cover and place in fridge. Make your egg/cheese batter and keep that separate. Place in fridge until ready to pour over bread and bake. Be sure to whisk egg batter again before pouring.
- Any veggies will work but onion makes it more flavorful. Baking times will vary depending on the thickness of you french bread and your oven. Check at 25 -30 minutes.
- Nutrition shown below is based on using Udi’s gluten free French bread.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 269
- Sodium: 774.8mg
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrates: 18.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 18.3g
- Cholesterol: 171.8mg
Keywords: breakfast strata, breakfast casserole, gluten free breakfast recipe, make ahead breakfast recipe