This Gluten Free French Bread Breakfast Strata recipe is easy-to-follow and can be made ahead! A quick breakfast casserole with ham, perfect for brunch.
- 2 –6 inch gluten free French bread baguettes or 1–12 inch cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter or non dairy butter, room temp
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 cloves
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese crumbles + extra for topping
- 1 1/3 cup (8 ounces) diced ham
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- Fresh herbs and red pepper flakes, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray an 8×10 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the French bread down the middle lengthwise (long) so that it makes 4 half loaves.
- Spread the butter and garlic evenly on all four slices of bread.
- Place bread slices in the casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, black pepper, and Parmesan. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the ham, onion, and celery over the bread.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread.
- Spread the feta crumbles and more Parmesan, if desired, on top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bread is crusty/golden brown and eggs are cooked.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and fresh herbs before serving.
Nutrition shown below is based on using Udi’s gluten free French bread.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 269
- Sodium: 774.8mg
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrates: 18.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 18.3g
- Cholesterol: 171.8mg
Keywords: breakfast strata, breakfast casserole, gluten free breakfast recipe, make ahead breakfast recipe