Building Your Blogging Brand Part II: Taking Action
Last time we spoke about blogging, it was all about building your brand. But what’s the next step, the part two? Let’s dig in a little deeper, shall we?
Okay yes, blogging has changed over the past few years, or rather, many years for me. Creating a brand for yourself can definitely help kick start a career with your current passion(s). But these days, it’s more than just posting.
Side note –> I hate the word blog. So if anyone comes up with a better word, please tell me, ok?
So the question remains, what’s needed to move forward with your “brand?”
I will tell you I struggled with this for many many years. I was scattered, I was stressed, I was lacking confidence, and I really didn’t believe in my personal brand or blogging. I had visions of wanting my site to be more purposeful and to grow into a full-time job, but I was always hesitant. I was stagnant.
I think the next step into building your brand is really about action.
- You have to take action EMOTIONALLY – put your heart and soul into it! Have the confidence to be unique, original, and fully authentic. I love what Amy Porterfield says here.
“CONFIDENCE = CLARITY + COMMITMENT.
Once you achieve CLARITY in knowing what needs to be done, you add in COMMITMENT to stick it out until it gets done.”
– Amy Porterfield
- You have to take action PHYSICALLY and take Put yourself out there. People will not always like or relate to what you post, but if it makes you, YOU, then keep at it.
- You have to take action MENTALLY –> don’t just think, BELIEVE in your niche and try not to compare yourself to others while you’re at it. Think about it this way.
We don’t eat at the same restaurant every night (unless you’re 80 and frequent Lubys). No, we like to try a variety of foods, restaurants, fun atmosphere’s, etc. Needless to say, there is ROOM for everyone and their “niche.” Don’t let that stop you. I’m preaching to the choir here folks.
- You have to take action TOGETHER, with OTHERS. Start Networking. Start supporting others. Find your “tribe,” as some might say. A tribe who will build you up, become mentors, friends, be honest with you, and vice versa. I will tell you this. Without the people around me, my tribe, my support system, I would’ve never taken the next step.
I’m still building my brand, but the investment is all there. I will keep PRACTICING all these principles, focusing on small daily GROWTH . I’m nowhere where I’d like be (goal wise), but I am RIGHT where I am supposed to be; focusing on small growth and purpose!
That being said, is your blog/personal brand on Facebook. Since I just created a Cotter Crunch Page, I’d love to connect with more of YOU and your personal brand. Leave me a comment on my page so I can follow back! Am I corny or what? 😉
I also highly recommended reading these posts on creating a vision and purpose! Such inspiring ladies!
- 16 Reminders for Creating Vision and Purpose
- Single Most Important Factor of Your Business
- And if you have extra time, watch this video
okay, What’s your next step?! This doesn’t even have to be about blogging, it can be about ANYTHING you are passionate about. Think about that.
[Tweet “Taking Action with your Brand! #blogging #passions #fitfluential #cottercrunch”]
Cheers to a Marvelous Monday!