A Gluten free pie crust recipe that’s easy to make with just 3 healthy ingredients, and a dairy free option. A versatile gluten free pie crust that’s great for creating quick savory meals or sweet desserts. This recipe has become a staple in our house for easy gluten free baking!
This is it! Officially calling this week “EASY Gluten free PIE” week. And all you need to make your Gluten Free Holiday Baking (and eating) complete. Or maybe I’m just bias. Haha! Either way, I have a feeling you’ll agree once you try this 3 Ingredient Gluten free pie crust ya’ll! You heard me. THREE INGREDIENTS! GASP! Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! I could not wait to share this recipe with ya. I am one big nerd, I know. But this recipe has SERIOUSLY saved me in the kitchen; time wise and all.
No Martha skills needed. Which is good because right now I can’t be Martha, or even attempt. Nope, it’s scrappy Cotter ALL in this season. Okay I lie. When I made that Panforte Christmas Cake I kinda felt Martha-esque. But still, that cake was sooooo easy. Promise.
Let’s get back to this 3 Ingredient Gluten free pie crust situation. I know you must be wondering what it’s in it and how it actually works. You will BE AMAZED at the baking hack, and obsessed!
You ready for this ridiculously easy Gluten free pie crust?
Let me count the ingredients out for you.
First ingredient –> Coconut oil (softened) or Butter if you are not dairy free.
Second Ingredient –> 1 egg, whisked.
Third and most IMPORTANT ingredient. The one that make this crust just plain AWESOME! Drum roll please… —> Gluten Free Bread. Specifically UDIS Gluten free White Sandwich bread!
Optional and only if bread is too dry –> A few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar or juice (water works too if you must)
Are you still stumped? Here let me explain how this works, mmm, k?
In order to make this spiffy (ohhh, i love that word) 3 Ingredient Gluten Free Pie crust, all you do is:
- Cut up the gluten free bread into cubes. I used about half a loaf of Udis Gluten Free White Bread.
- Place bread in a food processor.
- Blend and grind.
- Add in your whisked egg.
- Add in your coconut oil (softened, not liquid). Blend again. Add a tiny bit of liquid ONLY if needed (Water, Juice, or Apple Cider Vinegar all work).
- Then press that little food processor button again to blend into a dough.
It’s like the simplest gluten free pie crust recipe EVER!
After you get the dough formed. Roll it up and place in the fridge. I think it works best once chilled.
Mmm k. Now you’re ready to roll. Literally. Just roll out the dough with a rolling pan. Place a sheet of plastic or parchment paper between the rolling pin and gluten free pie crust dough.
Now that you have gluten free pie crust dough, the question remains…. what to make?
Ohhhh So glad you asked! Ya’ll, I made 3 PIE dishes with this gluten free pie crust recipe in 3 days. No joke. Don’t worry, I will share all these with you soon.
A tasty gluten free quiche.
Okay now I kinda feel like Martha. Haha. Just healthier, scrappy , and gluten free!
This is now my go to gluten free dough for baking. Yep. Not looking back. Call me a slacker, but I think it’s pure genius. A gluten free pie crust recipe that doesn’t require skill or time. Plus you can make a few batches and then freeze it. Which is what I did and totally genius if you ask me. Especially during the busiest time of all. HOLIDAY SEASON! Or in my case Holiday season plus moving states season … Ya, we are crazy that way. I’m asking Santa for my sanity these next 3 weeks. I’ve been slowly losing it. LOL!
Enough jibber jabber about that magic dough…
Let’s hop to the gluten free pie crust recipe.
Which obviously won’t take long.Print
Super easy 3 Ingredient Gluten Free Pie Crust. A multipurpose Gluten free pie crust that’s great for a quick meal, dessert, or baking dish. Dairy free with a vegan option!
- 4 1/2 c cubed gluten free bread. About Half a loaf. gluten free sandwich bread works best.
- 1 whisked egg
- 2 tbsp 1 tsp coconut oil (softened not melted) or butter sliced
- 1/2 tbsp water or juice (acv) if needed Optional if bread is too dry when grinding
- Cut your bread into cubes. Place it in a food processor. Blend and grind, until more of a bread meal texture is formed.
- Add in your whisked egg. Pulse a few times.
- Add in your coconut oil (softened, not liquid). Blend again. Add a tiny bit of liquid ONLY if needed (Water, Juice, or Apple Cider Vinegar all work). Then press that little food processor button again to blend into a dough.
- After you get the dough formed. Roll it up and place in the fridge. I think it works best once chilled for at least 2-3 hours.
- Just roll out the dough with a rolling pan. Place a sheet of plastic or parchment paper between the rolling pin and gluten free pie crust dough.
- Roll into 1/8th in to 1/4 in crust.
- This amount of crust will make enough for 6 hand pies and a pot pie.
- If you want to make a gluten free pie crust (9 inch), a little over half a loaf bread should work for the dough. But I would Make 2 batches and then combine dough in case you need extra patching up the pie crust. You can freeze the rest. There will be extra to hang over the pie plate to crinkle crust. Make sure to pierce the bottom with a fork.
- Gluten Free pie crust bakes at 350F for 30-40 minutes. Pre bake 10 minutes before filing it. Hand pies bake faster. Baking times depend on your oven type of bread, so check at 30 minutes
- if you want to use this as sweet pie crust You could add in a tablespoon of sugar or try using a sweet gluten free bread like cinnamon bread, etc.
- This amount of crust will make enough for 6 hand pies and a pot pie.
- If you want to make a gluten free pie crust (9 inch), Make 2 batches and then combine dough and roll it out for 9 inch pies. If you are making a 9 inch pie crust The dough might not get very flexible, but lay as much as I can over the pie dish, then press the rest of the dough in pieces into the pie pan to fill the pan with dough. Same for pinching the top. Use whatever dough you have extra to make it even on top and then pinch together. Doesn’t have to be pretty, it’s still tasty!
- VEGAN OPTION: Vegans can try adding apple cider and just coconut oil. It will be thicker and harder to roll out, but still bakes. Just a little crispier.
- Nutrition shown below is for an entire pie crust (one 9-inch crust)
- Category: dessert, brunch
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Sodium: 158.4mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 26.7mg
Keywords: gluten free pie crust, gluten free desserts, dairy free pie crust, healthy pie crust
Stay tuned this week. More Gluten Free Pie Crust recipes with this recipe. All cozy comfort food recipes that are also dairy free friendly too. Dude, I CANNOT WAIT!
Tell me.. do you shortcut your way through recipes too?
I think it’s totally allowed with gluten free ingredients that are so simple. Right? I sense you nodding your head.
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.