Spiralized apple “kimchi” salad with garlic beef! This Asian inspired spiralized apple paleo salad recipe makes a quick and healthy kimchi substitute. Red and green apple noodles combined in a spicy dressing with garlic beef. An easy paleo power bowl meal, ready in 20 minutes!
If zucchini noodles are called zoodles, does that mean spiralized apple noodles are called apoodles? And there’s my corny cotter intro. Ha! Yes, Friday brain in full effect. But in all seriousness friends, I come to you today with a bowl of spiralized apple “kimchi” salad goodness. A protein packed good for the gut spiralized apple salad of sorts that will help you end the weekend on a healthy note. Because, let’s face it, I might have stuffed you with all sorts of baked apple goodness and buttery toffee post holiday. I know, it’s sacrilegious of me. Hence why today we need nurture our bodies a little more. Capeesh?
Also, I am still obsessed with my spiralizer, so… we’re gonna HONE in on that some more.
Ahh… ohhh… so pretty. Love love spiralized apples and power bowls of FLAVAH!!
Okay okay, backing it up here a bit.
Let’s talk Kimchi. Kimchi is a prebiotic rich fermented Korean slaw/salad. It’s one UNREAL HEALTHY food ya’ll! Made with a mix of garlic, salt, vinegar, chile peppers or sauce, and then either Daikon or Napa cabbage (other fruit/vegetable combination are welcomed too). Traditional Kimchi is loaded vitamins and it’s fiber fermentation feeds that “healthy bacteria” called lactobacilli. Hence the PREBIOTIC talk.
Here’s where I deceive you, just a bit.
This garlic beef spiralized apple dinner is not actually traditional fermented kimchi. It’s basically a tangy QUICK kimchi version.
Garlicky meats pair so great with spicy salads! The apple salad part is basically tossed in an Asian kimchi flavored dressing. And that flavoring is what totally MAKES this a POWER BOWL! Spicy, tangy, sweet, and protein packed!
Now here’s where I make it up to. The deceiving part that is. I do have an EASY kimchi recipe coming your way, soon, promise. The REAL DEAL! But I wanted you to be able to a “faux” version of a traditional recipe, just in case you are short on time but still want the flavor and health perks.
Okay yes, my cheat sheet “Kimchi” salad with spiralized apple may not be as powerful of prebiotic, but it still is nourishing. How so? Well, apples are loaded with quercetin (remember I talked about quercetin in that grape smoothie post? Go check it!). Quercetin helps the body fight free radicals and prevent inflammation in the body. I You know, the free radical and inflammation caused by eating too much junk food, over training, high sun exposure, drinking too much, travel, etc. Oh ya, those free radicals. Overall, apples contain some pretty POTENT anti-inflammatory properties.
You know where I’m going with this, don’t you?
This spiralized apple “kimchi” salad with garlic beef is the perfect RESET PALEO POWER BOWL!
The healthy way to end this crazy “off” week. And boy do I need it. After a holiday weekend, a few extra treats (because I was excited to eat real food again), and a few extra glass of wine, it’s time to chow down on bowl of power SUPER foods.
QUICK Spiralized Apple “Kimchi” Salad with Garlic Beef (Paleo)
For the Spiralized Apple "Kimchi" Salad
- 2 apples (green and/or red). One of each is best combo!
- 1 shallot (can use 1/4 cup red onion or green onion as substitute)
- 1 tbsp hot mustard (asian) or a spicy mustard of choice
- 1 tbsp chili sauce (ex chili paste or Sriracha)
- pinch of paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1-2 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- black pepper to taste
For the Garlic Beef
- 6 - 8 oz organic lean ground beef
- 1 tsp avocado or sesame oil (olive oil is fine)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp tamari sauce (Gluten Free)
- 1/2 tbsp to1 tbsp sesame seeds for topping
- Romain lettuce or Leafy green to place Beef in (optional)
- First spiralize your apples or finely slice julienne style. It's best to use a green and red to even out tartness with taste. But any apple will do if you don't have one of each.
- Next peel and slice your shallot.
- Place in small mixing bowl.
- Then add in your mustard, seasoning, chili sauce, vinegar, and lastly the ginger. Fresh always taste better but ground works fine too.
- Toss salad all together.
- Place in fridge while you cook beef.
for the beef
- Place oil in frying pan.
- Add in your thawed ground beef, garlic, and tamari.
- Mix all together.
- Fry on medium heat for about 7-10 minutes or until meat crumbles are thoroughly cooked and browned.
- Remove from heat, strain excess fat/grease if desired.
make the bowl
- divide the apple salad into two bowls.
- Place a romain or green leaf on one side of the bowl for the beef.
- Divide the beef into the two bowls and place in the romain leaf, next to the Spiralized Kimichi Salad. The romain lettuce just helps keep the juices from the meat contained.
- Top beef with pepper and sesame seed.
- Scoop up apple salad with beef and enjoy! Or mix all together in bowl before eating.
- Makes 2 bowls.
You don't need to use the spiralizer, it works well shredded too. Keep the peel on for much crunch.
Don't want beef? Try with chicken, tofu, tempeh, etc.
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to see it and share it!" Tag me on IG @cottercrunchor hashtag #cottercrunch
Nutrition Per POWER Bowl
Oh wow, love that Iron and Vitamin B12 this dish packs in. Hey, while you’re at it, might as well follow up that bowl with extra Vitamin C, maybe in the form of Paleo/Vegan Soft serve? DO IT!
Life’s too short to NOT enjoy good food, but we must make sure how to reset and POWER UP after, yes? Life’s also too short to run on empty. Filler’ up.
Let’s start with oh so pretty spiralized apple noodles, tangy “kimchi” style salad, and Iron rich Garlicky beef…. ALL IN ONE BOWL!
Sorry, my run on sentences are going to stay. I get excited!
More spiralized apple salad recipes
What your go-to POWER BOWL? Ever spiralized apples before?
I totally owe an update on us Cotter. But just know, things are improving. I’d really like to think my season of self investment is paying off. Mentally, physically, emotionally, etc. Cheers to that ya’ll!