Quick apple kimchi salad with sesame beef! This Asian inspired spiralized apple salad recipe makes a quick and healthy kimchi substitute. A light nourishing meal that’s ready in 30 minutes. Paleo with Whole 30 options.
For the Spiralized Apple Kimchi Salad:
- 2 apples (green and/or red). One of each is best combo!
- 1 small seedless cucumber
- 1 green onion diced.
- 1 tbsp hot mustard (asian) or a Dijion mustard
- 1 tbsp chili sauce (ex chili paste or Sriracha). For Whole 30 option use
- 1/4 tsp pinch of paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (rice wine vinegar)
- 1–2 tsp fresh grated fresh ginger or 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Crushed black pepper to taste
For the Garlic Sesame Beef:
- 2 tsp oil (avocado or sesame oil for frying)
- 2 tsp minced garlic (2–3 cloves minced)
- 1 tsp tamari sauce (Gluten Free soy sauce. Whole 30 option see notes)
- 6 – 8 oz organic lean beef ( top round, steak, separable lean only, 95 % lean ground)
- 1 to 2 tbsp sesame seeds for topping (extra for garnishing and plating)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Garnishes for the Salad
- leafy greens
- sliced radish (1/2 cup)
- optional; crushed red pepper flakes
- optional; fresh cilantro
- First prepare your quick Apple kimchi Salad. Spiralize (or julienne slice) your apples. It’s best to use a green and red to even out tartness with taste. But any apple will do if you don’t have one of each.
- Spiralize or julienne slice your cucumber. Place in a large bowl and press out any excess water with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Chop your onion and garlic (if using cloves) and place in a small mixing bowl
- Then add in your mustard, spices, chili sauce, vinegar, and lastly the ginger. Fresh always taste better but ground works fine too.
- Toss kimchi flavored apple cucumber salad all together.
- Place in fridge to marinate while you cook beef.
for the beef
- Mix 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp minced garlic, 2 tsp sesame seed, and dash of tamari in a small bowl. Whisk together and pour over your meat. Marinate for 10-20 minutes. Or skip if in a hurry.
- Heat skillet to medium high.
- Place your marinated steak (with oil) in the pan and sear for ingredients in a medium high for 7-10 minutes, turning. Or until beef is cooked to 140F and browned.
- Remove from heat, strain excess fat/grease if desired.
- Sprinkle with extra sesame see
Make the bowl
- Divide the apple kimchi salad into two bowls.
- Place a radish, sprouts, or green leaf on one side of the bowl.
- Divide the beef strips (or ground) into the two bowls or plates.
- Top beef with extra red pepper flakes and sesame seed if desired.
- Drizzle any extra sauce on top of salad.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Category: main
- Cuisine: asian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 305
- Sodium: 400 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 23 g
Keywords: kimchi salad