Gluten Free and Vegan Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies – these jam cookies are spiked with amaretto for a festive touch. Vegan Christmas cookies that are easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour ( Bob’s Red Mill) or gluten free quick oats (See notes for making oat flour)
- 1 cup almond flour, blanched fine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- Sparkling cane sugar (I used Bob’s Red Mill) and/or sugar glitter
- 2 -3 tablespoons amaretto (or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup (110 grams) raspberry or cherry jam
- Optional melted white chocolate, vegan frosting, or powdered sugar glaze
- Add first 6 ingredients (oat flour through oil) into a mixing bowl. If you don’t have oat flour see notes on how to make it.
- Beat with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer for 1 minute. Roll batter into a ball, cover in plastic wrap and let it sit in fridge for 10-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix jam and amaretto together in a small bowl.
- Remove dough from fridge and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Spoon the dough with a cookie scoop (or spoon) and Roll the dough into balls about the size of a golf ball. Next roll the ball in sparkling sugar.
- Place on baking trays allowing a room for cookies to spread. Press your thumb gently into the center of each cookie. You can patch up the edges as need.
- Next fill with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of the spiked jam. Sprinkle top with sparkling sugar.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on the pan before touching, then you can add your optional drizzle of melted white chocolate or powdered sugar glaze, if desired.
- Keep cookies stored in airtight container in fridge or freeze between parchment paper for up to 3 months.
- To make your own oat flour, place 2 to 2 1/2 cups gluten free quick oats or rolled oats in a food processor. Grind until a fine flour in formed. See picture on blog.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
Keywords: raspberry thumbprint cookies, vegan Christmas cookies, gluten free baking