Lighten up the hallmark leftover chicken dish with this NO MAYO chicken salad bowl! Everyone likes chicken salad different ways, so swap out some heavier ingredients and add a little superfood to lighten it up. Yup! A family style superfood salad bowl packed with protein, real yogurt dressing, broccoli, spinach, chickpeas, goji berries, and more!
Well, here we go again! Diving into the whole superfood anti-inflammatory gut healthy recipe schpeel. Ya, remember the detox broccoli salad? Well, I kinda sorta just made it into a whole meal. Haha, trust me when I say “GOODNESS!!” This the only way to eat chicken salad. It’s lighter, it’s freshers, it’s better for you gut, it’s loaded with extra superfood ingredients. Oh and it makes for one stellar meal prep bowl. Can you even deal?
One fact you may or may not know about me. I am not too keen on chicken salad. Unless I make it my way. With all the flavors or wrapped up in something delish, like mango and miso and cabbage oh MY! Truth be told, I don’t even like turkey unless I make it my way.CHOW FUN!
Maybe I’m high maintenance? LOL, don’t answer that. But really, I get so nauseous around chicken salad. Is that weird or what? Yep, it’s true. And I will probably be disowned from my family for saying I don’t like chicken salad, but I”m willing to chance that on the sake of taste and a settled stomach. Haha!
Today I am sharing my way (the only way) to make Chicken Salad, with a zippy yogurt olive oil dressing instead of mayo. Yup, totally copying my detox broccoli salad obsession. But hey, it’s good detox, remember? Filled with nourishment!
You see, this superfood chicken salad bowl will not only make you fall in love with chicken salad, but it will nourish, replenish, and rejuvenate your foodie soul with REAL food, prebiotic and probiotic rich food.
Can I expand on that for a second? Please just nod yes and follow me here.
This mayo free chicken salad bowl is packed with SUPER tasty SUPERFOODS, making it light, refreshing, and perfect for meal or BBQ party. Just sayin…
Chicken Salad Bowl Ingredients :
- Free Range Roasted chicken – Essential amino acids and protein! I like to add some of the skin to the salad for flavor. You can reduce the oil content in the detox salad to balance out the fat content. Either way, both are healthy fats that the mind and body will soak up and utilize!
- Detox Broccoli Salad – Roasted and raw broccoli, spinach, blueberries, sunflower seeds, and a tangy yogurt olive oil sauce. Except we’re going to double that yogurt sauce coat the chicken! –> Plant based Iron, phytonutrients, probiotics, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, fiber! You can’t get more SUPERFOOD than that ya’ll!
- Plain or Roasted chickpeas – The roasted chickpeas add a little crunch. Just sayin…
- Sliced lemon and lemon juice
- Cilantro or Parsley – both are detoxifying herbs filled with vitamin C, beta-carotene, chlorophyll, vitamin K, and b vitamins like folate.
- Peppercorns (red and black) and Red Pepper Flakes.
- Dried Goji berries to top – Provide High Levels of Antioxidants and Anti-inflammatory Nutrients. Plus a burst of sweetness.
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle – High in monounsaturated fats and Vitamin E. Helps you absorb all those other fat soluble vitamins. YEA BABY!
Well, what do you think? Have I convinced you to try yet another mayo free salad? Come on now, hug your gut and gut healthy. Let’s all grab a fork. Mmm k?
If you can convince me to try a chicken salad with mayo, I’ll send you a free cookbook! Ha! But in the meantime, I suggest you love your gut and give this chicken salad bowl with creamy yogurt dressing bowl a whirl.