Mediterranean Marinated Balsamic Pork Loin Skillet with vegetables makes for an easy one pan meal! Veggie packed, nourishing, paleo, low carb, and ready to eat in 45 minutes.
For the Marinade:
- 1 lb pork tenderloin (sliced 1/3 to 1/2 in thick)
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/3 c olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt/pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Optional 1/4 tsp dried marjoram or rosemary
For the skillet (after pork marinates):
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2 oz sliced olives
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil
- Salt/pepper if desired
- Extra paprika to garnish or red pepper flakes
- Serve with mixed leafy greens. See notes for other options
- First slice the pork. Place in a ziplock bag inside of a large container.
- Whisk together the balsamic marinade ingredients and add to pork loin slices.
- Marinate for 20-30 minutes in fridge. (longer if desired)
- While pork is marinating, slice your veggies.
- Once marinated, remove and prepare your skillet.
- Heat skillet on medium heat. Sauté onion first until fragrant. No oil needed.
- Next add pork loin strips and the remaining marinade sauce.
- Cook on medium for 5 minutes then flip over pork slices.
- Add in your olive and zucchini slices.
- Cook another 5-7 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- Plate your pork and vegetables. Serve w/sauce and marinade and top w/fresh basil.
- Add more paprika, salt, and pepper, if desired.
- This dish is great served with leafy salad.
- Feel free to add feta or even serve on top of rice or potatoes for extra starch. (It won’t be paleo).
- omit honey for whole 30 option.
- Category: main, dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 182.1mg
- Fat: 18.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 26.2g
- Cholesterol: 77.6mg
Keywords: balsamic pork, paleo pork recipe, low carb pork recipe, skillet dinner recipe