Mediterranean Marinated Balsamic Pork Loin Skillet with vegetables makes for an easy one pan meal! Veggie packed, nourishing, paleo, low carb, and ready to eat in 45 minutes.
For the Marinade:
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 – 1/3 c olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt/pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Optional 1/4 tsp dried marjoram or rosemary
For the skillet (after pork marinades):
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2 oz sliced olives
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil
- Salt/pepper, to taste.
- Slice the pork into thin pieces. Place in a ziplock bag or inside a large container.
- Whisk together the balsamic marinade ingredients and add the marinade to the pork loin slices, coating them evenly.
- Marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour in the fridge. (See notes for marinating longer)
- While pork is marinating, slice your veggies.
- Once marinated, remove the pork from the fridge and let it come to room temperature, about 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and the onion. Sauté onion until fragrant. About 2-3 minutes.
- Next add pork loin strips and the remaining marinade sauce.
- Cook on medium for 5 minutes then flip over pork slices.
- Add in the olive and zucchini slices.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes or until pork is no longer pink reaching an internal temperature of 145 F.
- Remove the pork from the skillet, letting it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Plate your pork and vegetables. Serve w/sauce and marinade and top w/fresh basil.
- Adjust seasoning, salt and pepper, if desired.
Omit honey for whole 30 option.
Prep ahead – The whole pork loin may be marinated in the fridge (sealed) for up to 1 day before slicing and cooking.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: main, dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Mediterranean American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 182.1mg
- Fat: 18.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 26.2g
- Cholesterol: 77.6mg
Keywords: balsamic pork, paleo pork recipe, low carb pork recipe, skillet dinner recipe