Gluten Free Trail Mix Peanut Butter Bites! These no bake peanut butter bites are super easy to make, packed with protein, healthy fats, and great for snacking at any time!
Happy Labor Day weekend ya’ll! I hope you get a chance not to labor. But if you do, you should labor with love and make these bites. Is that corny enough for you? Actually, these are another “update” bite. I made these ages ago, again with a horrible picture, and wanted to REFRESH them. I’m so glad I did because when I remade these, I changed the recipe just a tad.
Can you see the special ingredient? Besides trail mix that is.
Yep, peanut M&M’s. As in Mountain Trail mix Peanut Butter bites! YESS!!
I know, some of you with peanut allergies are feeling left out. So sorry! But don’t worry, you can easily sub out the peanuts and make this PB free! And in case you are wondering regular M&M’s and Peanut M&M’s regular are on the gluten free list Although that doesn’t make them any healthier. But pair it with healthy trail mix and it kind of evens out, right? Haha.
Also, if you are looking for All Natural or Nut free M&M’s, then I highly recommend Sunspire! They have all kids of allergy friendly M&M’s!
Alright, let’s get to the UPDATED Trail Mix peanut butter protein bite recipe!Print
Gluten Free Trail Mix Peanut Butter Bites
- 2/3 c chocolate or regular peanut flour (use can coconut flour, just add a little cocoa in if you want it a chocolate base)
- 1/4 heaping cup protein powder of choice
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup crunch peanut butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4– 1/3 cup favorite gluten free trail mix Then I added in a small handful of dye free peanut m&m’s. See notes below for vegan/gluten free options.
- Optional : add in shredded coconut
- This recipe is super easy because you don’t need to grind anything! just mix up dry ingredients first, then add in peanut butter, extract, and honey.
- Mix well, then roll into balls/bites.
- Freeze right away then store in fridge or freezer to maintain freshness.
- Makes around 20 bites, give or take.
- NOTE: If batter is too dry, add more peanut butter and honey. If it’s too wet, add in coconut or protein powder.
Then try sunspire candies for Vegan friendly option!
If you are wanting to make this peanut free, use coconut flour and sunflower seed butter instead of peanut flour and peanut butter.
These bites would be great for road trips, snacking, hiking, potlucks, or just a healthy dessert (with frozen yogurt perhaps?). YES! I have about 5 left that I’m hoarding in my freezer. Wonder if I can make them last till Labor Day? Nah!
ENJOY and Have a great Holiday weekend!