Posted by Cotter Crunchhttps://www.cottercrunch.com/gluten-free-dark-chocolate-reeses-protein-bites-recipe/
© 2015 Cotter Crunch. All rights reserved.
Grain Free Reese's Protein Bites
cup cocoa powder
cup peanut flour (coconut, almond, or chickpea flour will work too!)
cup creamy peanut butter (we use nuts n more chocolate peanut butter)
cup Vanilla or Chocolate Protein Powder (whey or vegan)
cup agave or honey
tsp Butter Extract
tsp natural caramel extract (makes taste it more like reeses taste!)
Optional- for more crunchy texture, add in 3 tbsp chopped nuts or dark chocolate chips!
optional add in -> 2-3 tbsp dark chocolate syrup if or sauce.
- In large bowl, add in all your dry ingredients.
- Then mix in your nut butters, extracts, and last the honey.
- Mix well ( I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls.
- NOTE: Add more protein if batter is too runny. Add more nut butter or honey if it’s too dry. Just depends on the type of nut butters you use and the oil in it.
- Makes about 24-26 balls.
- Feel free to roll into larger bites, or smaller to make more. Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness
- If you want to reduce sugar, take out 1/4 cup honey and replace with sugar free chocolate syrup, like NuNaturals.
- If you are wanting paleo friendly, just use almond or sunflower seed butter along with coconut flour!
for natural extracts, check out http://www.olivenation.com, which are also on amazon.
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.