Green Chili White Cheddar Mac and Cheese is an easy, cheesy family favorite comfort food recipe that everyone will love! Looking for kid friendly, Gluten free crock pot recipes? Look no more! This easy gluten free mac and cheese is a perfect weeknight dinner recipe.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organics. The opinions and text are all mine.
When was the first time you ate mac and cheese? If you’re like me, you grew up on it. I mean seriously, it was the bees knees of pasta and oh so convenient for families. I can remember my neighbor’s sister babysitting us and always making her “famous” mac and cheese! I loved it. When I was a wee bit older, I asked her to teach me how to make her recipe. You know what she did? She pulled out a box of mac and cheese and showed me the directions. Ha! I guess it was the extra love that went into that made it so tasty, right?
Which leads me to my next point. I wish I would have known earlier how to make a good nutritious meal. One that is still convenient and easy to make! At what age do we teach our kids/family this very statement?
Honestly, I think the younger the better. When their minds are ready to grasp on to that information and be hands on. My nieces and nephews range from age 2-9 and all of them love being in the kitchen, prepping meals, ingredients, and learning where their food came from.
Why we should teach kids how to cook and/or meal prep?
- They learn basic kitchen safety tips.
- Cooking/meal prep/baking is a way for your kids to LEARN about food.
- They see where it comes from.
- You can tailor food to their nutritional needs and SHOW them which ingredients/foods are gluten free (or any other allergy for that matter). This is especially great for kids with food allergies
- It builds confidence. Think about it, letting kids make their own meal is great for affirmation and creativity release, which all breeds’ confidence!
- Spending time in the kitchen can be a fun activity and bonding time for the whole family.
So, where to start?
Definitely check out this Skills by Age Article for kids in the kitchen. Such a great tool for starting the process!
I’d also say start with the basics. Which is why Horizons gluten-free mac and cheese is now one of my favorite gluten free products!
This green chili white cheddar Mac and Cheese recipe (gluten free of course) is a WIN WIN meal.
It makes a dinner that will bring your whole family together in no time.
You literally measure out ingredients and throw it in a pot. Done! And SUPER TASTY!
I bet this will become one of YOUR favorite gluten free Crock Pot recipes, too!Print
p.s. It makes for great leftovers the next day too. YUM!
Well, what do you think? Would your kids make this white cheddar mac and cheese recipe?
Let me know if you do!