Looking for kid friendly, gluten free crock pot recipes? Look no more! This Green Chili White Cheddar Mac and Cheese is an easy, cheesy family favorite! It’s a perfect weeknight dinner.
- 12 oz gluten free macaroni pasta (two boxes of horizon gluten free mac and cheese with white cheddar)
- 5 oz Colby Jack Cheese (we used organic jalapeño cheddar)
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper or paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- dash of black pepper and sea salt
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cups non dairy milk
- 3 Roma tomatoes (diced) or one 10z can chopped tomatoes (drained)
- 2 4.5 oz can green chilies (drained)
- Green onion or chives to top
- Optional add ins or toppings – chopped cooked chicken or chicken sausage, chickpeas, turkey, etc.
- Note: If you are not using the boxed macaroni with the extra cheese powder, then add in another 2oz of feta or shredded parmesan.
- Combine all your ingredients in a crock pot. Stir together and place on high for 2-3 hrs. Check occasionally to stir so pasta does stick to bottom. Serve with green onion or chives on top. So good!
- Bonus Bake -> Once cooked in crock pot, feel free to place in a baking dish and stick in oven for 10 minutes on 375F with a little extra cheese on top. This just makes it a little crispier! Totally optional.