Do you ever have one of those days/weeks when every decision turns into a lesson? Kinda the trial and error in life, right? But it’s the little things you think sound right (at the time) which later build character. Why? Maybe because you learn your lesson. haha!
- When driving on a 2 way street on almost Empty, do not pass GO the one and only gas station, thinking you will make it home no prob. A random traffic back up on a Saturday can cause you to sweat bullets while waiting for that EMPTY light to go on. (I did make it…..barely).
Do not believe that Texas has a Spring. Nope, not at all. We went from winter to Summer in a blink of an eye. Do not think that you can run in the afternoon with 90 plus degree temperatures and a sun that’s reflecting the pavement like no other. That’s just silly.
- Don’t under estimate the value of a dollar!! We’re trying to budget our grocery shopping these days and when you find something organic for a $1, you go for it! Thanks Helen’s Kitchen 4 organic chicken tofu steaks for 99 cents!
Blue Cornmeal Crusted Spicy BBQ Tofu Steaks
- cut and pressed organic tofu or tofu steaks (I used Helen’s Kitchen Brand)
- ⅔ cup organic blue cornmeal (yellow cornmeal can also be used)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- paprika, garlic, black pepper, nutmeg (optional)
- 1 egg
Super easy Directions:
Crack egg in bowl, whisk in oil. In a separate bowl mix your cornmeal and spices. Coat each steak in egg batter then dust in cornmeal mix. Place on a baking sheet (greased) and bake at 400F for 10 minutes on each side. You might have to season a little more between flipping. Then broil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side again to make it extra crispy. Just depends on the strength setting of your broiler. Remove from oven and drizzle with spicy BBQ sauce.
So tell me, what lessons have you learned lately? I might need to know for future reference! haha.