Move over cinnabon, these gluten free snack bites are even better! Chocolate or Plain Cinnamon Bun Oat bites! Great for breakfast on the go.
Well, it’s September. Whoa.. where did summer go? I don’t know about you, but as soon as September hits, I start to crave Fall flavors, smells, etc. Maybe it’s the memory of childhood? You know, the back to school hot oatmeal drenched in maple syrup and mom’s cinnamon rolls on the weekend. Hmmm.. no wonder I had cavities. LOL! Okay, not so healthy but it’s the memory and the experience that makes me smile.
Anyway, September’s Healthy Bites flavor captures all of Fall in a Ball. Clever, aren’t I?
And it just so happens that September is build a better breakfast month, so why not go with a breakfast flavor too, a healthy one!
Ready for the Recipe and Giveaway?!
Gluten Free Cinnamon Bun Energy Bites
- 1 Cup gluten free super oats or granola (if you don’t have super oats, then use 3/4 cup GF oats and 1/4 cup chopped pumpkin seed, flax, or chia seed).
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Protein of Choice
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon sugar
- 1 tsp butter extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon roll or cinnamon extract
- 1/3 cup peanut butter or seed butter (chocolate or plain work great!)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey if you can’t use maple syrup)
- Optional – 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- GRAIN FREE OPTION – Use banana chips or ground coconut instead of oats
- In a large bowl, mix your dry ingredients. Add in your nut butter and syrup and extracts being the last .
- Note: If you use bigger oats or thicker protein, you might need to use more honey or nut butter.
- Mix well ( I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls. Coat bites with extra vanilla protein/cinnamon. I usually coat them after they have set in freezer for at least 5-10 minutes. Then return to freezer after. You can grind your oats if you want before hand if you’d like, or keep it crunchy and leave it as is.
- Makes anywhere between 26-27 balls. Just depends how big or small you roll them. Mine are usually around 18grams
- Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness
- Note – if you use a peanut butter that is no stir, it might be easier to hold together. The natural peanut butters work great but you will have to add more honey (to prevent from crumbling) if you are using the last bit of the jar.
Recipe by Lindsay at Cotter Crunch
The giveaway will include one batch of Healthy Bites (your choice) plus the 2nd edition of my Ebook (left side bar for automatic purchase).
Love Grown Foods is also letting me giveaway a bag of Super Oats plus 4 mini boxes of Power O’s.
So that’s 3 winners!! The healthy bites giveaway and Love Grown Foods is open to US residents and Canada but the eBook open to ALL!!! Sound good? GO ENTER!