This Veggie Soup is gluten free and packed with nourishment and flavor! Easy to make in the crock pot or stove! Paleo friendly with simple wholesome ingredients.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped potato (russet or sweet potato)
- 2 cups brussel sprouts, diced or quartered
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 5 pieces of smoked bacon (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 tsp dried herbs (chives, oregano, or basil)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 tsp kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey mustard (or dijon mustard)
Optional toppings – fresh herbs, shredded cheese, etc.
- First make sure all your ingredients are chopped. 3 cups chopped potato was equivalent to about 2 potatoes.
- Lightly steam/soften your potato pieces in a small bowl in microwave for about 90 seconds. Then add to your crock pot.
- Add in your broth, veggies, and bacon on top.
- Mix in your herb, seasoning, and the oil/mustard.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hrs or high for 3 hrs.
- Serve and top with aged cheddar and herbs, if desired.
- See notes for non crock pot times.
If you are not using Crock pot, follow same prep direction but cook on medium low stove top for about 1 hr or until bacon/potato are thoroughly cooked through.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Category: soup
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: soup, vegetables soup, slow cooker soup, bacon, gluten free recipe