What happens when we are constantly stressed or overworked? Well, our adrenals become depleted, fatigued you could say. Maybe your adrenals need a little reboot and extra adrenal support after a crazy busy holiday season. This Adrenals Half Full Signature Mocktail is the perfect drink to add to your daily routine as a way to support your adrenal glands. Plus it’s delicious and easy to make!
Adrenal Support Signature Mocktail. Trust me on this, you want to save this recipe! It’s a go to recipe for when you are needing an adrenal reset, for when you are stressed, for when you just need a TOTAL reboot! Kinda perfect for the New Year too, right? Yes… I’m raising my hand here. Because I’m soooooo NEEDING a little extra adrenal support after last years craziness. And here today, I have my good friend Anne Marie to talk about adrenal support, adrenal fatigue, and so much more. Because, well, you know… adrenal fatigue is something us Cotter’s are (unfortunately) familiar with.
Okay, enough jabber. Here’s Anne Marie and her fabulous Adrenals Half Full (Adrenal Support) Signature Mocktail.
Adrenal fatigue can really leave you in a lurch. But what is it? How does it make us feel so wiped out, and what can you do about it? First, a quick primer on the basics.
Our adrenals, tiny hormone producing glands that sit atop our kidneys, are responsible for assisting our bodies in dealing with everyday stressors. However, in this miracle of a modern world we all live in, the “everyday stressors” might more aptly be called “every minute stressors.” Many of us are subject to uncanny amounts of stress from the moment we open our eyes in the morning. The alarm clock goes off, and we’re immediately rushed into getting ready for work; skipping breakfast, grabbing a large drip coffee with three sugars from our favorite java haunt, and on to dealing with crazy traffic on the way to work. With a typical morning like this, we’ve dealt with more adrenal gland taxing stress before 11am then our primal ancestors dealt with in an average week. Geeze, no wonder need extra adrenal support ALL day!
Our adrenal glands, in response to stress, create hormones like epinephrine (aka cortisol) and norepinephrine, which modify the way the body functions so that it can better react to what our bodies and minds perceive as a threatening situation. These hormones have many responsibilities in the body, and we shouldn’t demonize them as they are necessary for our survival. However, when they are over produced over a long period of time they can have extremely negative effects on our bodies.
Weight gain, muscle loss, dysglycemia, anxiety, fatigue, caffeine intolerance, sleep issues, and many more maladies can result from our adrenals over producing cortisol. If they are taxed for too long, nutrient and antioxidant stores run low, and we can run into a situation where we simply do not have the ability to create any more of these vital hormones leaving us in a state of adrenal fatigue.
Whether you’ve been tested and have confirmed you have it, or just simply suspect it may be an issue for you, there are many things that you can do to support adrenal health right now. Grass Fed Salsa has a signature mocktail included in its namesake Adrenals Half Full ecourse. You’ll get info that’s packed full of adrenal supporting adaptogens, antioxidants, and vitamins. More info on my site and below.
And it’s “to die for” delicious to boot.
Our mocktail is made with holy basil (tulsi leaf) tea, sparkling mineral water, Himalayan sea salt, fresh organic oranges, fresh basil, and a touch of grade B maple syrup for those who like it a tad on the sweet side.
How the Adrenals Half Full Signature Mocktail for Adrenal Support works:
- Holy basil is an adaptogenic herb that supports the adrenal glands. Adaptogens help the adrenals, you guessed it, “adapt” the way they react to stressors by supporting a more balanced hormonal response.
- Sparkling mineral water helps hydrate the body, and also contains essential minerals.
- Himalayan sea salt contains trace minerals, which are important when it comes to supporting the adrenals. Those suffering with adrenal fatigue often find their body has a hard time regulating sodium due to the reduction of the hormone aldosterone.
- Oranges are a great source of Vitamin C & bioflavonoids. These all-star micronutrients assist the body in hormone production, and protecting it against free radical damage by virtue of their antioxidant ability.
- Grade B maple syrup is an alkaline forming sweetener that is not only delicious, but also contains essential minerals and B-vitamins that are necessary for energy production and adrenal hormone production.
Adrenals Half Full Signature Mocktail (refined sugar free)Print
Adrenals Half Full Signature Mocktail is the perfect drink to add to your daily routine as a way to support your adrenal glands.
- 2 bags of Tulsi Tea (holy basil)
- 16 oz of filtered water
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 oranges (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2–1 Tablespoon grade B maple syrup (optional)
- 16 oz of sparkling mineral water
- Fresh basil leaves to taste (we recommend thinly slicing 2 basil leaves)
- Heat filtered water on the stove top, removing from heat prior to water boiling. Ideal temperature would be 208-212° F. Let steep in Tulsi Tea bags for 4 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and place in freezer to cool.
- Add Himalayan sea salt, the juice of 2 oranges, grade B maple syrup (optional) and whisk to combine. Store overnight in an airtight container or mason jar.
- Prior to drinking, add 16 ounces sparkling mineral water and fresh sliced basil leaves, and stir to combine.
Did we convince you of the many merits of the Adrenals Half Full Adrenal Support Mocktail? Trust me, this is one daily drink that both you and your body will love.
Pssst… don’t let your knowledge of adrenal fatigue end here. We’ve created a guide just for you. Get your free copy of 5 Simple Ways to Support Your Adrenals here
Anne Marie Garland is a Certified Integrative Health Coach with a focus on incorporating the wisdom and functionality of ancestral diets into modern day nutrition. As co-founder of Grass Fed Salsa , a health coaching business and blog catered to clients looking to lose weight as well as to manage autoimmune conditions, Anne Marie’s passion for food, balance, & wellness drives her on her quest to help her clients achieve their health and fitness goals.
If you have ANY questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Anne or comment below!
Now go feed those adrenals! And go check out more ADRENAL Support recipes while you’re at it.
Have you ever tried an Adrenal Support Mocktail?