5 Reasons to Hike More Plus an #Eatclean Giveaway with LÄRABAR!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of LÄRABAR, all statements and opinions made are ALWAYS my own!
Did you know there’s actually a National Take a Hike Day? Yep, on November 17th, which is three weeks from today. It’s true! And you know I’m all about this day! Hiking is my go to activity for many reasons. Let’s take a look at the reasons why, shall we?
- It’s good for the mind. It’s clears your head without having to really tax the body. You can listen to the sounds of nature, which gives you a sense of calmness (Which I ALWAYS NEED).
- Getting outside gets you your daily dose of Vitamin D, which we all need more of in the Fall and winter months. Vitamin D is an essential nutrient needed to keep your muscles and bones strong. Although you can get sources of vitamin D from enriched foods, the best source is the sunshine itself! I always crave it in the morning, And that morning sun actually helps naturally set your bodies circadian rhythm.
- Increases Bone Density – FACT: The CDC says 150 minutes of hiking per week keeps your joints flexible and helps stave off the joint stiffness associated with osteoarthritis.
- It’s good for the heart and gives you energy – Aerobic Activity, such as hiking, helps elevate your high-density lipoprotein levels and lower your triglyceride levels. This, in return, can lower your risk of heart disease. Plus when you move your briskly, while hiking, you send oxygen to your muscles and organs. This is literally like a breath of fresh air to your body and gives it a boost of energy and strength for those lungs. Gosh I love that!
- It allows me to DISCONNECT and RECONNECT with friends/family or myself. I can’t say this enough, but hiking with my husband allows us to GET AWAY from life for a bit and just catch up. No distractions.
So you see, there is so much goodness that comes from getting outside and taking a hike. In fact, that’s how Lara from LÄRABAR created her REAL FOOD products back in 2000. It was on a hike. (That’s where I do my best thinking too.). She had this revelation… that people needed to simplify their life and their diet. Her passion for natural foods, fun and an active lifestyle inspired the LÄRABAR brand today!
LÄRABAR wants to get more people eating clean and getting outside, now that’s my kind of passion!
This brand has fueled us through many hikes, travel, long rides, and more. Powered by real food feels good!
LÄRABAR would like share in the celebration National Take a Hike day by offering one reader a whole lotta LÄRABAR GOODIES so you can eat clean and get outside.
- 16 assorted LÄRABARs
- 12 SUS packs of LÄRABAR RENOLA, a new grain-free granola (Cinnamon Nut, Cocoa Coconut and Berry)
Sound good? Trust me, it is
- Head over to the LÄRABAR product page and leave a comment of what flavors you would like to try of both LÄRABAR and the RENOLA
- Leave a comment letting me know how you spend time outside
- Tweet about it
and be sure to tell me you did in the comments!
This contest ends in a week and will be announced next Monday, November 3rd! YEEEHAAW!
- Instagram –LCCotter
- Pinterest– LCCotter
- Email- [email protected]
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch
- Feed burner –Subscribe Here
- Crazy Cotters (both our blogs combined) Facebook page.
WINNER ANNOUNCED ––> CONGRATS to TESS!