Smoked Salmon and Strawberry Zucchini Noodle Pasta Salad! A healthy Zucchini noodle pasta salad tossed in a creamy avocado sauce with fresh strawberries, spinach, and smoked salmon. This gluten free pasta Salad is perfect for lunch or side dish. Simple light ingredients, UNREAL GOOD!
There are days when I just want to be selfish. Food selfish. As a wife to a hard working man, I confess, sometimes I selfishly hide a dish or a recipe in the back of the fridge so that I can have multiple servings of it. Gasp! I know. Don’t tell him this. But it’s true! This Smoked Salmon & strawberry zucchini noodle pasta Salad is a perfect example. Hog worthy. As in HOG it ALL! As in… sorry not sorry.
When he calls from work asking how my day is going and what I’m making today (for blog and more) I tell him the truth. Yes, I making. .. “a delicious grain free Smoked Salmon and Strawberry Zucchini Pasta salad.”
Then the little white lie creeps in. “Oh but you wouldn’t like it, there’s walnuts mixed in.” Mwahahahahahahaha… it’s ALL MINE! But in actuality, he would adore this zucchini noodle pasta salad. Because one, it’s low carb and he’s on a major low carb high fat kick. And two, it’s so light yet flavorful and filling and OH my goodness GOOD!
Right about now you are either nodding your head agreeing with me that you do this too, or your disappointed that I didn’t share. I’m going to believe that you agree with me because let’s face it, we are human. We can be selfish at times (especially with good food).
But hear me out for a moment before you start to judge. You see, I ADORE those strawberry spinach summer salads. You know, the ones that are filled with veggies, fresh strawberries, honey walnuts, goat cheese, avocado, balsamic glaze. Ya, those. Well, I also adore my spiralizer and anything spiralized veggie with sauce. Hence the zucchini noodle pasta salad part of this dish. And as you can imagine, I also adore smoked salmon. Anytime. With veggies. By itself. With fruit. I could go on and on.
Bottom line —> These are my favorite foods. Not my husband’s. Not my mom’s. Not my friend’s or co-workers. These are MY favorites and I selfishly made this dish not to share (with anyone around me that is, hehe). Although it’s so worth sharing. You get my point here, right?
I fully believe that life is about making and sharing what you love. I (try) to do that, YES, for sure!
But at the same time, I think it’s A-OKAY to indulge in a little selfish desires. Especially when it comes down to good food, health, and overall life satisfaction.
Happy wife equals happy life, right?
Despite my reasoning to not share this recipe, you really should make and share it. Just maybe make a double batch. Cause it’s that good.
I melted the goat cheese and ripe avocado together then mixed it into the zucchini noodle pasta. Then crumbled candied walnuts on top with balsamic glaze.
All you do after that is layer some steam spinach, strawberries, and wild caught smoked salmon around it. You can toss all together before serving or do what I do… twirl the zucchini noodles, scoop a strawberry, some spinach, top with a little salmon and take one massive two fisted bite.
Okay, so I know I’ve rambled on forever about this Smoked Salmon Strawberry Zucchini Noodle Pasta Salad, and usually I talk about the amazing health perks of each recipe, but….. today is different. I needed to just talk foodie love.
This dish is healthy, you know this. I already mentioned all the veggies and that it’s lower carb. All in all, it just screams SUMMER and RAINBOW salad! So let’s all just embrace the flavors and grab a fork instead. Mmmm k?Print
Smoked Salmon and Strawberry Zucchini Noodle Pasta Salad! A healthy lower carb Zucchini noodle pasta salad with a creamy avocado sauce and paired with the fresh strawberries, spinach, and smoked salmon. This gluten free Salad bowl is perfect for a spring or summer lunch or side dish.
For the Zucchini Noodle Pasta:
- 2 zucchinis
- 2-3 tbsp Goat Cheese crumbles (see notes for dairy free option)
- 1 tsp olive oil or salted butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 medium ripe avocado
IN the SALAD:
- 3 large spinach leaves (1 cup chopped)
- 3 tbsp candied walnuts or pecans
- 2 oz smoked salmon (wild caught)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries or berries
- balsamic glaze or vinegar (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- First clean and wash your veggies/fruit.
- Spiralize or shave your zucchini into noodles. Set aside.
- In a small pot, place your avocado, oil, lemon, and cheese together. heat on medium until a cream in formed. A few minutes. Then mix in your zucchini noodles.
- Toss a few times to coat noodles and keep on medium to medium low for about 5 minutes or until zucchini is coated and creamy. They will be a little softer but not too soft.
- Remove from heat and add pepper if desired.
- Next chop your spinach. Keep it raw or place in microwave bowl and steam for 30 seconds to lightly steam.
- Place your zucchini noodles in a large bowl and arrange the rest of you ingredients around it.
- Garnish with candied nuts and add balsamic glaze if desired.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss and serve or eat as plated. Great for two or a potluck!
- For dairy free option use paleo ranch or mayo in place of goat cheese.
- Estimated NUTRITION – This serves 1 to 2
For 1 1/2 servings its around 350 Calories, 24 grams fat 5 grams saturated, 21 carbs (11 net carbs), 12 grams sugar, and 15 grams protein.
20% Iron and 150% vitamin C!
Keywords: zucchini, noodle, salad, pasta salad, low carb, salmon
Do you have a favorite food you tend not to share with others? Even your loved ones?
Come on, you know you do!
Zucchini noodle pasta salad … favorite think to add to it? And go! Would love more ideas in the comments section. Please and thank you!
P.S –> this is the spiralizer I use and ADORE! Hands down. I know many have asked before.